Manufacturing Technician CPC D shift
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Shift: Wednesday - Friday (every other Saturday) 6:00pm -
Main Purpose of the Position:
Under the direction of the Process Unit Lead or other qualified
Operations Specialist, perform a wide variety of tasks and
operations that are required to formulate, fill, inspect
and package sterile pharmaceutical products in a state-of-the-art,
automated production and packaging facility. Troubleshoot,
maintain, and assemble all production equipment
as required. Assist the Operations Specialist on major equipment
overhauls, repairs, and installations as necessary. All operations
will be carried out in compliance with cGMPs,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), product recipes, and
In addition to performing the responsibilities/tasks below, the
successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following
* Passion and drive to develop and maintain a LEAN culture
dedicated to providing the best results for our internal and
* Embraces Class A principles and behaviors.
* Continuously in search of ways to maintain the highest levels of
* Actively participates in a teamwork environment that maintains a
high performance culture.
* Adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures and
proactively identify unsafe conditions.
* Perform safety and housekeeping audits as required.
* Assist in set up, change over, and test run equipment for
various-sized vials and packages as required.
* Supporting the Operations Specialist Maintenance, and/or outside
services in the repair, maintenance, and calibration of GNE Systems
* Perform training of other Technicians.
* Assist in the development of plant SOP's and training
* Execute production recipes, check-in equipment, and perform
material movements using automated computer software applications
(SAP and MES systems).
* Operate all formulation, sterile filling, inspection, and final
vial packaging equipment in the plant.
* Perform preparation of sterile components.
* Assist in the cleaning, set-up, sterilization, and disassembly on
a variety of processing equipment.
* Perform bulk thaw, dilution, and formulation operations.
* Performing manual inspection of empty vials and filled product
with a focus on quality and efficiency.
* Conduct environmental monitoring activities in the manufacturing
areas as required.
* Prior to start-up, during processing, and at the completion of
the manufacturing process, perform all documentation and clerical
functions to provide the proper
accountability and traceability of components and finished
* At the start and finish of each shift, report and make
recommendations regarding equipment, supplies, required repairs,
process concerns, safety concerns, and areas for improvement in
reliability, yield, and efficiency.
* Work effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment
to ensure maximum and high quality output.
* Perform cleaning and housekeeping duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Proficiency in the English language- reading, writing, and
* Must be able to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd),
* required overtime as needed,
* able to lift 45 pounds,
* and stand for extended period of time.
* Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and
certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment
including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to
perform essential functions of the job
* Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and
certifications as job or qualifications require.
* All candidates must pass a vision acuity and color discrimination
* High school diploma or equivalent AND
* Graduate of a two-year Associates Degree program in
Electrical/Mechanical Technology (or equivalent) is a plus.
1 to 2 years (within the last 7 years) experience in the operation
of complex mechanical equipment used in the washing, filling,
conveying, sealing, inspection and packaging of products/containers
is highly desirable.
Target industries include pharmaceutical, biotechnology,
biomedical, electronic, and chemical, food, cosmetics, and/or other
Computers: Must be computer literate, including ability to
interface with computer systems and PLC- based logic. Must be
comfortable working with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
navigating through web pages and e-mail. Must possess basic typing
Relocation benefits are not available for this job posting.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the
increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of
employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the
position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If
you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or
serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result
of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an
opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Genentech, Hillsboro , Manufacturing Technician CPC D shift, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!