Posted on: November 18, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
- This role will lead installation, commissioning, maintenance,
troubleshooting, and repair of analytical systems for bulk gas
- This role will assist in the installation, commissioning,
maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of relevant
instrumentation and controls systems for bulk gas generation
- Understand and adhere to company safety work policies and
operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Start up, operate and maintain f acility analyzers and
analytical system components, including associated cylinders,
tubing, purifiers, sample pumps, controls, and analyzer
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective maintenance on
analyzers and analytical system components.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute planned and preventative
maintenance on analyzers and analytical system components.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute major installations,
maintenance activities, calibration, testing and validation of
- Oversee and manage contractor activities related to analyzers
and analytical systems.
- Communicate status of analyzers and analytical systems to
technicians, managers, contractors, and customers on a frequent
routine basis .
- Communicate problem alerts and progress reports regarding
analyzer and analytical systems to coworkers, managers,
contractors, and customers as needed .
- Identify, procure, and manage spare and replacement system
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability
and reliability (focused on analytical, instrumentation, and
- Read, interpret, and maintain (as needed) P&IDs and
schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with Standard Operating
Procedures, QA, and MOC policies.
- Support the maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial
instrumentation such as control valves, actuators, positioners,
transmitters and solenoids.
- Support the maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC/ DCS
- Ensure all FDA-QA and SIS annual functional testing
requirements are met (i.e. isolation circuit test, LTP testing,
- Understand process loop interaction and the impact on the
- Maintain work area housekeeping and organization.
T his position requires a combination of office work and field
work. The technician will support the operation of our facilities
to ensure they are operated and maintained in a safe, reliable and
environmentally friendly manner. The job requires a rotating
on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be
required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and
mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts.
Position may also require providing turnaround support within the
region. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed
to develop working relationships both internally with plants'
maintenance team and externally with customers and contractors. Ad
hoc travels to customer sites or plants are required for this role.
Compliance Trainings at customer sites must be completed to
obtain/maintain access badges.
- Proven understanding of gas analyzers, gas chromatographs and
similar equipment in an industrial environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and
- Ability to read, interpret and revise engineering drawings such
as P&IDs, electrical drawings.
- Highly proficient with standard software packages (Microsoft,
Adobe) and working knowledge of HMIs and various analyzer
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or technical
degree (Associate or Bachelor's) or equivalent combination of work
experience and technical education/training required.
- 5+ years of related experience within the fields of customer
service, UHP production systems, instrumentation and controls,
and/or gas purity analysis desired.
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and
- Capable of operating a forklift or overhead crane or man lift
according to company policy.
- Capable to ascend tall structures and work at heights.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Hillsboro , Analyzer Technician, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!