Posted on: August 7, 2022
About Linde: Linde is a leading global industrial gases and
engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy,
healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial
gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen
for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company and its products
and services, please visit . Job Overview:
- This role will lead installation, commissioning, maintenance,
troubleshooting, and repair of analytical systems for bulk gas
- This role will assist in the installation, commissioning,
maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of relevant
instrumentation and controls systems for bulk gas generation
plants. Key Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to company safety work policies and
operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Start up, operate and maintain facility analyzers and
analytical system components, including associated cylinders,
tubing, purifiers, sample pumps, controls, and analyzer
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective maintenance on
analyzers and analytical system components.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute planned and preventative
maintenance on analyzers and analytical system components.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute major installations,
maintenance activities, calibration, testing and validation of
- Oversee and manage contractor activities related to analyzers
and analytical systems.
- Communicate status of analyzers and analytical systems to
technicians, managers, contractors, and customers on a frequent
- Communicate problem alerts and progress reports regarding
analyzer and analytical systems to coworkers, managers,
contractors, and customers as needed.
- Identify, procure, and manage spare and replacement system
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability
and reliability (focused on analytical, instrumentation, and
- Read, interpret, and maintain (as needed) P&IDs and
schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with Standard Operating
Procedures, QA, and MOC policies.
- Support the maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial
instrumentation such as control valves, actuators, positioners,
transmitters and solenoids.
- Support the maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC/ DCS
- Ensure all FDA-QA and SIS annual functional testing
requirements are met (i.e. isolation circuit test, LTP testing,
- Understand process loop interaction and the impact on the
- Maintain work area housekeeping and organization. This position
requires a combination of office work and field work. The
technician will support the operation of our facilities to ensure
they are operated and maintained in a safe, reliable and
environmentally friendly manner. The job requires a rotating
on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be
required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and
mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts.
Position may also require providing turnaround support within the
region. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed
to develop working relationships both internally with plants
maintenance team and externally with customers and contractors. Ad
hoc travels to customer sites or plants are required for this role.
Compliance Trainings at customer sites must be completed to
obtain/maintain access badges.Job Requirements:Qualifications:
- Proven understanding of gas analyzers, gas chromatographs and
similar equipment in an industrial environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and
- Ability to read, interpret and revise engineering drawings such
as P&IDs, electrical drawings.
- Highly proficient with standard software packages (Microsoft,
Adobe) and working knowledge of HMIs and various analyzer
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or technical
degree (Associate or Bachelor s) or equivalent combination of work
experience and technical education/training required.
- 5+ years of related experience within the fields of customer
service, UHP production systems, instrumentation and controls,
and/or gas purity analysis desired.
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and
- Capable of operating a forklift or overhead crane or man lift
according to company policy.
- Capable to ascend tall structures and work at heights.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized. At Linde, we
strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with
respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and
development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion.
Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the
diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more,
visit About Linde. We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits
package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental,
disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension
benefits. Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their
interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered
for an interview will be contacted. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Praxair-USIG, Hillsboro , Analyzer Technician, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!