Posted on: August 4, 2022
US0052 Sysco Portland, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for performing the
computer keying of all maintenance records and repairs on fleet
equipment into the maintenance software, answering phone calls from
delivery associates and vendors regarding breakdowns, parts
ordered, parts deliveries, fuel deliveries, and other fleet
maintenance related duties.
- Input all purchase orders into maintenance software.
- Enter all work orders into maintenance software.
- Direct phone calls to the fleet managers or others as
- Identify problems and propose solutions to other members of
management for improved shop efficiency.
- Work directly and indirectly with other departments within
- Maintain and review the inventory of parts and supplies.
- Analyze prices from vendors.
- Work with maintenance tracking software to ensure all equipment
is scheduled for preventative maintenance (PM) and other
maintenance as needed.
- Assign backhaul pickups throughout the day.
- Receive incoming calls from drivers, associates, and customers
and be able and willing to answer all questions.
- Keep management informed of all activities concerning the
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
- Data Entry experience.
- SAP preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid Driver License with a "clean" driving record (including
no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the
last 7 years)
- Basic personal computer (PC) skills and proficiency with MS
- Use of 10-key by touch.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work tasks for maximum
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Can add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but
uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or
- Occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Hillsboro , Maintenance Coordinator, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!