Onsite Coordinator Inventory Services
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Summary Under moderate supervision, primarily responsible
for documenting inventory by recording additions, disbursements,
adjustments, losses and removal of items. Prepares inventory
reports by collecting and analyzing information on stock usage.
Maintains inventory operations by following policies and procedures
and reports changes as needed.MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND
- Associate may be responsible for tasks in inventory management
(Consumables, chemicals, samples, etc) and accurate inventory
control, processing requests leading to inventory movement on and
off site, and fulfilling customer metric reporting.
- Performs inventory management related functions such as
monitoring slow moving and dead inventory, conduct cycle counting,
yearly physical inventories, and reporting.
- Provides daily customer service functions and communicates with
the customer relative to inventory management.
- May be required to perform purchasing functions including but
not limited to: back order reporting and expediting, direct factory
shipments, 3rd party support, managing quotes, document control,
records maintenance, and resolving open invoices or pricing
- Responsible for all customer service related functions
including but not limited to: order entry, reporting, maintaining
metrics, and cost savings tracking.
- Performs shipping coordination activities such as shipping
customer material, handling routine issues, operating basic
warehouse equipment, entering shipping information into the
customer computer system, and equipment inspections.
- Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing
shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
- Interfaces directly with customer point of contact, purchasing
directors, facility directors and plant managers.
- Responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer
owned or 3rd party inventory.
- Utilizes Avantor and customer computer systems (SAP, Citrix,
Intranet, Avantor Inventory Management Systems, ChemSW, and
customer specific systems) in fulfillment of job duties.
- Meets goals and objectives: safety, performance and
- Creates programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
- Interfacing with Avantor Sales Force and manufacture
- Documents change management.
- Responsible for desktop delivery of inbound packages to
- Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years experience in material handling/inventory
replenishment or customer service
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to
Know a plus
- Cross referencing and inside sales experience a plus
- Knowledge of scientific products and services a plusKNOWLEDGE
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Conform to all company and customer requirements for background
checks, health and safety issues, security clearances
- Knowledge of Information intermediate computer skills including
Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Solid understanding and experience in either shipping,
inventory, or purchasing
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional can
- High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols,
policies and procedures
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of scientific products and services a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the customer and
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Travel may be requiredENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS &
PHYSICAL EFFORTTypically works in an office with adequate lighting
and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise
level.Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent
are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be
developed to resolve problems.A frequent volume of work and
deadlines impose strain on routine basis.Minimal physical effort is
required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking,
standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that
typically weigh less than 20 lbs. DISCLAIMER:The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned
to this position.Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. EEO Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative
Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious
creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected
Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded
to from this email address. For more information about equal
employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal
Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster
Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using
the links below. 3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting
candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted
for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply
with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Hillsboro , Onsite Coordinator Inventory Services, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!