Company: Edwards Vacuum
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We at Edwards Vacuum believe that there is always a better way.
This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology,
innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class
service to our customers around the globe. That's where you come in
- we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative,
inclusive and flexible work environment along with competitive
compensation and comprehensive wellness & benefits programs. Senior
- The Planner is responsible for the material planning process to
create integrated production schedules that meet customer
requirements. This role is responsible for planning, scheduling and
tracking of work items; including material availability, change
order scoping and resource loading within an SAP/MRP
- Performs planning, scheduling, coordinating and/or monitoring
final approval of products through the complete production
- Maintains the production materials inventory at optimal levels
by identifying obsolete, slow moving and excess materials
- Maintains reorder points and quantities, drives inventory
- Manages inventory activities for finished goods, intermediate
product, work in process and raw materials.
- Works from customer requirements, engineering plans and
production specifications to establish production schedules,
material availability, and capacity requirements.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules
to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Resolves problems utilizing acquired knowledge & analytical
- Notifies stakeholders of any late deliveries from sub-suppliers
and works with purchasing on an appropriate recovery plan.
- Verifies that the "last parts due" dates coincide with the
production plan and customer requested ship date.
- Conducts material planning information integrity and
implementation to MRP/SAP system.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance and
works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of
- Respectfully takes direction from the supervisor/ manager.
- Other duties as assigned.Education/ Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a business or equivalent discipline.
- 10 years of relevant experience accepted in-lieu of
degreeRelevant Previous experience:
- 5 years minimum of material planning experience. Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of theories of JIT,
Kanban, Vendor managed Inventory and Lean Manufacturing.
- CPIM or APIC training is preferred---------------------Other
- Detail-oriented, organized and can adapt to changing
- Working experience with Microsoft Office - PowerPoint and
- Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP (preferably SAP) with a solid
understand of discrete manufacturing, bills of material, product
life-cycle management and supply chain operations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to
evaluate and analyze data to gauge its importance when making
- Self-starter and effective time manager. Ability to prioritize
tasks under pressure.What we Expect of you?Ability to perform
essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and
without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or
others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential duties.What you Can Expect of Us? Edwards is a global
leader of vacuum and abatement systems. We are proud to lead the
industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative
products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in
partnership with our customers and continually setting new
standards. With over 100 years of rich heritage, Edwards is the
partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical
applications around the world. Vacuum is required in diverse
sectors, from the generation of power to the production of steel,
to the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy
physics research. At Edwards, we believe there is always a better
way. Our employees are full of ideas. When looking to add a new
team member, we are looking for someone that can appreciate what
the Edwards Team has done, and bring their new ideas and
perspective to enhance where we can go. At Edwards you get to be
part of something big; we work globally, but also get the
opportunity make a difference locally in our own discipline. We
work hard to attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent
from the diversity of people across the globe. Our vision to be
First in Mind, First in Choice relies on this strategy. We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Edwards
visit our website: www.edwardsvacuum.comA division of Atlas
Keywords: Edwards Vacuum, Hillsboro , Senior Planner, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!