Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City
Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change.
Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at
risk of homelessness with affordable and supportive housing,
person-centered health care, addiction recovery, and employment
assistance. By providing health care, housing, and jobs, CCC is
ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their
The Financial Analyst will provide a wide variety of planned and ad
hoc financial analyses to support all CCC programs, provide and
prepare internal and external financial reporting, and will help to
plan, develop, prepare, and report on the organization-wide annual
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The functions of the position include but are not limited to:
Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Develop and refine the analysis of financial data and
performance for CCC programs, including trend analysis, KPI
analysis, historical analysis, and budget variances.
- Develop and refine financial modeling for CCC programs and
- Collaborate with accounting, operational program leaders, and
administrative leaders to assess the financial impacts of new
- Ad hoc financial analysis as requested.
- Provide input and respond to inquiries from program leadership
regarding monthly variance reports and other related
- Report on the drivers of changes in revenue and develop
analytical tools to evaluate and communicate revenue results for
- Prepare financial reporting to external partners.
Work closely with the Finance Manager to prepare the CCC
consolidated and managed entity annual budgets, including:
- Coordinate and review organization budget metrics, templates,
and process improvements.
- Work closely with program accountants to provide guidance and
support to leadership for each department's budget.
- Refine medical billing and wrap revenue budget modeling for
inpatient and outpatient health services sites, including providing
guidance and analysis regarding the impact of historical results on
- Consolidate CCC and managed entity budgets.
- Coordinate budget presentations that will be shared with CCC
leadership and the Board of Directors Finance Committee.
- Respond to inquiries and expand analysis as requested by the
Board of Directors Finance Committee and CCC executive
- Assist in the development and implementation of budgets for new
and expanded programs.
Contracts & Funder Agreements
- Assist program leadership and legal and compliance teams in
reviewing and responding to contract and funder requests, including
new agreements and grant contracts.
- Collaborate with accounting and operational program leaders to
help develop contract budgets and provide analysis on contract
- Participate in contract negotiations with funders and insurance
payers when requested by the Finance Manager and/or program
Description of Other Duties
- Perform other exciting tasks and duties as assigned from time
to time by the Finance Manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to display a non-judgmental attitude and show diplomacy
and tact. Ability to work courteously and communicate effectively
with clients, co-workers, program staff, and the public. Ability to
work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse
- Excellent analytical skills are required, including assessing
complex systems and problem-solving effectively.
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to prepare financial statements.
- Ability to conduct job responsibilities in a highly
collaborative management model.
- Ability to conduct job responsibilities in a constantly
changing financial, regulatory, and service environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, technology, and analytical
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in
- Knowledge of Primary Care, Substance Use Disorder, Mental
Health, and Pharmacy specialty accounting.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting.
- This position must be able to:
- Communicate the importance of fiscal accountability
- Apply critical analytical tools to understand actual financial
- Coordinate efforts to provide accurate and timely accounting
and medical billing information.
- Provide exceptional service to departments.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including
HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and CCC policies and agreements regarding
confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support compliance with all
privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners'
and outside providers' patient confidentiality agreements,
including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This
includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health
information or personal identifying information of any person
receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC
Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant
majors is required.
- Experience in Accounting and/or Finance preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable accounting methods, standards, and
practices, including GAAP and Uniform Guidance.
- Knowledge of federal grant compliance requirements is
- Knowledge of budgeting practices and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Office applications,
especially Excel and Word required, and Centricity and QuickBooks
experience are preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure, complete tasks accurately,
and meet deadlines.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
- Must adhere to the agency's non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliations, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our
- Generous paid time off is a plan which provides up to 4 weeks
of PTO accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: analyze, bi, business analyst, financial
reporting analyst, investment fund, law, legal, monitor,
regulation, valuation analyst
Keywords: Central City Concern, Hillsboro , Financial Analyst, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!