Maintenance Worker I
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: June 22, 2022
TITLE: Maintenance Worker I
DEPARTMENT: Community Maintenance Team
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
WAGE: $17.44 Per hour
OPEN UNTIL FILLED SENIORITY BID: (5/12/2022) ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
Upkeep of 20+ older buildings, most located in the Old Town/China
Maintain water, heater, boiler and HVAC systems.
Service, repair, and replace various plumbing and electrical
equipment and apparatus.
Keep buildings in code with upkeep and repair of fire life safety
equipment including smoke detectors, emergency lighting, etc.
Perform small remodeling projects with basic construction skills
including, but not limited to, carpentry, framing, finish work,
tile, carpet laying and wall preparation.
Perform occasional cleanout and basic demolition work in
preparation of rehabilitation work.
Process work orders and time sheets.
Fill requests for supplies and materials.
Maintain tool inventory, and check in and out as required.
Load and unload trucks.
Operate appropriate equipment, including, but not limited to, saws
(table and hand), drills, carts, and hand trucks.
Maintain warehouse in safe, clean and orderly manner.
Perform various maintenance repairs.
Prepare materials for recycling.
Deliver and pick-up equipment for maintenance of buildings as
Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security regulations
applicable to the program, and to CCC policies and agreements
regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER DUTIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, fixtures, tools,
and equipment utilized in building maintenance and knowledge of the
occupational hazards and safety precautions of the various
Knowledge of the methods, practices, and tools involved in
plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and painting.
3. Knowledge of general warehousing procedures and practices.
4. Knowledge of basic principles of mathematics.
5. Knowledge of basic record keeping procedures.
7. Knowledge of equipment and vehicular parts as well as hardware
items and tools.
8. Ability to maintain accurate records (to include counting,
alphabetizing & coding).
9. Ability to organize, stock, and issue supplies, materials,
parts, tools and equipment
10. Ability to perform simple arithmetic computations.
11. Ability to understand and follow oral and written
12. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
13. Ability to work in an environment where people may be hostile
14. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in
15 Ability to lift and move heavy objects or cartons and to safely
operate moving equipment, including, but not limited to, hand
trucks and dollies.
16. Ability to work courteously with the general public on the
telephone or in person.
17. Manage time to meet deadlines.
18. Ability to read and understand parts books and manuals.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years building maintenance or rehabilitation experience,
including maintenance of inventory and records.
3. Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background
check and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in
Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial
drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and
continued recertification training.
4. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use.
Cell phone to be provided by Central City Concern.
5. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be currently
clean and sober.
6. Must be able to work in environmental conditions including
weather, dust, dirt, fumes and smoke.
7. Must have basic computer skills.
8. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
9. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, pull, reach
and lift heavy objects.
10. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
11. Must adhere to agency nondiscrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients
with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Associated topics: backfill, crew, laborer, landscape, landscaping,
lawn, plant, superintendent, surface, tree maintenance
Keywords: Central City Concern, Hillsboro , Maintenance Worker I, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!