Posted on: January 16, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
Linde is seeking a plant engineer to join the team in the
Hillsboro, OR area. This position supports plant and site services
operations and maintenance overhauls, continuous improvement and
cost savings initiatives, business development and expansion needs,
and leads all activities with respect to project execution
including but not limited to scoping, resource and budget planning,
management of change, scheduling, procurement, maintaining costs,
construction/installation, startup/commissioning, procedure
creation, operations training and customer communication.
This position works under minimal supervision, with guidance in
only the most complex situations. This position works on
troubleshooting and solution development, presents technical
subjects, interfaces with customer(s) and internal stakeholders,
defines objectives and performs project management work from
proposal to implementation. Serves as a technical expert, change
agent and performance manager within the organization.
This position reports to the Bulk Gas Production Associate Director
in Hillsboro, OR.
- Serves as process expert in air separation and gas distribution
systems and troubleshoots issues as they develop utilizing formal
root cause assessment and reporting methodology.
- Provides training to junior employees and guidance to plant
technicians during complex operations.
- Adheres to all company, customer and regulatory policies and
- Determines project and maintenance overhaul objectives and
develops comprehensive project plans.
- Requests project funding per known guidelines.
- Responsible for cost and schedule estimating, planning and
control through all project phases.
- Administers the change control process.
- Responsible for defining cost of ownership of new systems.
- Serves as leadership interface to the customer.
- Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises
progress to ensure that resources are achieving objectives.
- Conducts progress verification. Identifies potential and
critical issues and recommends recovery and resolution plans.
- Ensures costs are managed to established budgets.
- Applies PMI principals in the execution of required tasks and
- Leads teams in making complex and/or controversial
- Conceives, develops and evaluates plans and criteria for
solving a variety of unique and complex problems.
- Makes effective presentations to leaders and internal and
- Considers global impact of decisions.
- Champions new ideas or position and cost savings measures.
- Is innovative in developing and implementing new approaches and
- Serves as expert resource for other engineers and maintains a
thorough knowledge of new technologies.
- Approves standards and guidelines.
- Evaluates and implements step changes to the work process.
- Designs practices, processes and procedures which enable others
to work more effectively and safely.
Domestic travel and on-call status are required.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering with minimum 4 years of process
engineering and project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Experience with JD Edwards desired.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to support project
tasks and construction.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Hillsboro , Plant Engineer, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!