Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
Linde is seeking an I&E Technician to join the team in the
Hillsboro, OR area.
- This role will provide technical execution of installation,
maintenance, and troubleshooting tasks on relevant instrumentation,
control and analytical systems for bulk gas generation plants.
- This role will operate bulk gas generation plants as
- Understand and adhere to company safety work policies and
operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Start up, operate and maintain air separation and bulk gas
delivery systems, including associated tanks, purifiers, controls,
and fill/offload systems. Troubleshoot shutdowns and perform
corrective maintenance to allow equipment/plant restarts.
- Coordinate scheduling of planned maintenance and perform some
preventative maintenance on system components.
- Operate units to continuously supply products at the
appropriate quantities and qualities safely and economically,
complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer
- Monitor process performance and makes appropriate adjustments
to remedy deviations and align to the specified norm.
- Generate energy control plans, perform lock-out tag-out,
correctly and safely permit maintenance work, and oversee
contractors as necessary.
- Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating
equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors,
pumps, fans, and valves.
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability
- Read, interpret and maintain (as needed) P&IDs and
schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with SOP's, QA, and MOC
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute major installations,
maintenance activities, calibration, testing and validation of
industrial instrumentation and analyzer systems including:
- Control valves and related actuators & positioners
- Older vintage hard-wired instrument systems
- Modern transmitter-based instrument systems
- Gas Chromatographs
- Product Purity Analyzers
- Maintain and troubleshoot PLC/ DCS systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment
- Be knowledgeable of Switchgear control systems and functionally
rack breakers in and out or switch them.
- Ensure all FDA-QA and SIS annual functional testing
requirements are met (i.e. isolation circuit test, LTP testing,
- Understand Process Loop interaction and impact on the
- Frequent customer engagement is needed. Compliance Trainings at
customer sites must be completed to obtain/maintain access
This position requires a combination of office work and field work.
The technician will support the operation of our facilities to
ensure they are operated and maintained in a safe, reliable and
environmentally friendly manner. The job requires a rotating
on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be
required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and
mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts.
Position may also require providing turnaround support within the
region. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed
to develop working relationships both internally with plants'
maintenance team and externally with customers and contractors. Ad
hoc travels to customer sites or plants are required for this
- Proven understanding of control, instrumentation, and
electrical systems in industrial environment. Ability to
troubleshoot 4-20mA transmitter, electro-pneumatic control loops,
as well as industrial control components (e.g., solenoid valve,
actuators, regulators, PID controllers, etc).
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or technical
degree (Associate or Bachelor's) or equivalent combination of work
experience and technical education/training required.
- At least 5+ years of related experience within the fields of
customer service, UHP production systems, instrumentation and
controls, gas purity analysis, engineering work procedure
preparation and execution, technical documentation review and
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and
codes. Capable of operating a forklift or overhead crane or man
lift according to company policy.
- Highly proficient with standard software packages (Microsoft,
Adobe) and working knowledge of HMIs, CAD, control logic editing.
Ability to read, interpret and revise engineering drawings such as
P&IDs, electrical drawings.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Hillsboro , Instrumentation & Electrical Technician, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!