Radiology Technician (Pool) - Surgery Center at Tanasbourne
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 12, 2022
US-OR-Hillsboro# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem ID:
10305Group Name: TGSOverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is
transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly
create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health
systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and
healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to
achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and
a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower
total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's
10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that
serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on
SCA, visit .Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesThe
Radiology Technologist is responsible for the fluoroscopic x-rays
(C-Arm) procedures and other radiation procedures according to
facility policy. The Radiation Technologist is responsible to
assist with the provision of patient care to meet identified
patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as
directed by the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse. The Radiation
Technologist performs duties according to scope of practice
designated by the facility position description, role and
responsibilities and under the direction of the designated clinical
- Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to correlate clinical information with patient's care
under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise
and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families,
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Clinical Quality:
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Clinical
Leader/Registered Nurse and according to facility policy and
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and
- Adheres to all policies and procedures when providing patient
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all
- Functions as a Radiation Technician under the direction of the
Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of radiation equipment, including the maintenance and
care of equipment.
- Applies principles of radiation protection.
- Evaluates radiographs for technical quality and stores films
according to facility policy and guidelines.
- Maintains documentation, reports, and files according to
- Calculates and regulates equipment using established technique,
knowledge and skill.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Sets up and operates radiation equipment in operating/procedure
- Assists physician with imaging procedures.
- Assists patients with pre and post procedures according to
facility policy and established guidelines.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe
environment for patients, teammates, physicians, guests.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited radiology program required.
- 1-2 year experience in radiology.
- Knowledge and understanding of radiology principles and
- Certification in radiation technology preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment required or documentation of current BCLS
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Hillsboro , Radiology Technician (Pool) - Surgery Center at Tanasbourne, Professions , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!