ERP Systems Support Lead (Fixed Term)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The PositionThis is a fixed-term position with an estimated
duration through November 2024 (1 year). There may be a potential
for extension (s) and/or conversion depending upon the business
needs and availability of headcounts.Are you passionate about
Information (IT) and Automation Technology (OT) and aspiring to
make a meaningful impact? Are you curious to shape a digital
manufacturing architecture, ready to advance competitiveness on the
market?We Make Medicines! Behind every product sold by Roche is
Pharma Global Technical Operations (PT). Starting with Phase I of
the development process and continuing through to product maturity,
PT makes lifesaving medicines at 11 locations, with the support of
partners from around the world. Information (IT) and Automation
Technology (OT) teams are key in producing and delivering medicine
to patients. The organization is currently undergoing a
transformation towards digitalization, advancing fundamental
elements to meet future needs, such as using new technologies.
Mission:As an ERP Systems Support Lead, based at Genentech's
Hillsboro, Oregon facility, you will assume a key role in a highly
automated pharmaceutical drug substance facility. The site employs
highly integrated computer control systems to manage plant
operations and manufacturing data. This role will report to the
Site Head of IT OT, an organization that is currently undergoing a
transformation towards digitalization, advancing fundamental
elements to meet future needs, such as standardizing and leveraging
new technologies.The IT OT Team in Hillsboro is supporting
Hillsboro Technical Operations (HTO) which is the commercial Make
Assess and Release (MAR) and launch site for North America and
Hillsboro Individualized and Cell Therapies (HIT) which is
transitioning into a multi-product facility for development,
clinical and commercial supply capabilities for individualized and
cell therapies.As part of the Hillsboro IT OT Leadership team, you
will support the introduction of the Global SAP HANA System rollout
as the IT Lead for HTO and build up a Team of System Process
Specialists to support the ERP System after the go-Live date in
October 2024. What You Will Do
- As the Aspire IT Lead for HTO, you will be responsible to work
with the project on mitigating the impact of the SAP HANA
introduction to local systems and interfaces.
- Support the introduction of the Global SAP HANA System (Project
ASPIRE) during the project and build up the ERP Systems Support
Team during the project to ensure a smooth transition into
operations after Go-Live in October 2024.
- This role is an individual contributor to start off with but
eventually this person will be building a team - hire for open
roles, coach and train new employees, and own training
- Accountable for ERP Systems Support in a 24/7 GMP Manufacturing
- Work to identify opportunities to create additional value and
improve business processes and patient outcomes, maximize the
benefits of standardization of technologies and leverage across
- Determine business criticality and product quality
requirements, and in collaboration with the Business Integration
Managers, ensure appropriate service levels, Disaster Recovery
procedures, governance, change management, compliance and
- Lead or coordinate technical discussions with the Global SAP
- Lead proposal development for local and global digital
governance bodies, collaborate with Site Business Integration
Managers to meet the needs of HTO and HIT.
- Through Agile delivery model, provide leadership, technical
expertise and local implementation experience as a member of Build
and Run Squads.
- In collaboration with the Business Integration Managers,
monitor and improve stakeholder and user experience and ensure
strong support of Product Transfers and Make/Assess/Release.
- Member of the site IT OT run Squad and Site IT OT leadership
- Support/Lead Continuous Improvement opportunities related to
- Regular exchange with the Support network and or BPMs on
support cases, best practices and process improvement proposals
with network relevance.
- Help the End User to submit new ideas for process improvements,
allowing a comprehensive approach for assessing both the process
interdependencies as well impact to all underlying systems.
- Describe the full lifecycle of an integrated Change process to
Business Process with System impact. This Framework combines the
Assessment of the requirement, Build and Test work as well as
Deployment and eventually delivery of the added value to the End
- Embody PT Lean Production System (LPS), while demonstrating a
continuous improvement mindset and behaviors through the use and
application of LPS tools for continuous improvement
initiatives.Onboarding & Training
- Coordinate and conduct End User training.
- Support user authorization workflows (e.g. request, verify
- Add information to the knowledge base.
- Create/Review Knowledge Articles.
- Create/Review training material.
- Initiate knowledge management process.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Informatics, Engineering, or
- 7+ years of experience with SAP Projects or Managing an SAP
- Knowledgeable about integration with enterprise business
systems (SAP, MES, LIMS, etc.) and data integrity concepts.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and integrity and has a strong
passion to bring value-adding technology to the business.
- Entrepreneurial mindset e.g. "automating automation". Soft
- Strong analytical skills for effective troubleshooting and
- Candidates must be self-driven and able to work well with
others as a team member.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and delivery through agile
mindset, stability, flexibility, and speed.
- Passion for learning and sharing/leveraging best
- Eager to explore new technology and have the ability to learn
new concepts.Preferred Skills
- Experience or familiarity with SAP HANA is a big plus.
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing GMP domain
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Health
Authority practices, 21 CFR Part 11, cGMP Annex 11, Data Integrity
principles is preferred.Relocation benefits are not available for
this job posting.Who we areA member of the Roche Group, Genentech
has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more
than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel
medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has
multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious
illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech
where we believe that our employees are our most important asset &
are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.Diversity and
Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and
our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of
background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of
belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels
valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the
patients we serve. We're focused on attracting, retaining,
developing and advancing our people to their full potential by
rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors
into every aspect of our work.Genentech is an equal opportunity
employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us.
Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital
status and veteran status. For more information about equal
employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers Homepage. If
you have a disability and need an accommodation in relation to the
online application process, please contact us by completing this
form Accommodations for Applicants.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Hillsboro , ERP Systems Support Lead (Fixed Term), Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!