Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: May 24, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Operations Supervisor REPORTS TO: Operations
ManagerDEPARTMENT: Operations LOCATION: Hillsboro, Oregon FLSA
STATUS: Exempt SUMMARY: The Operations Supervisor is responsible
for day-to-day operations including facilitation of internal
communication between field staff and management, outside agency
interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term
scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, working shifts
on an ambulance, as well as other operational support functions as
assigned by the Operations Manager. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Direct, monitor, communicate with and evaluate all field
employees in his/her assigned area.
- Liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training
institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users.
- Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily
contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
- May prepare employee evaluations and field crew contact
- Ensure PCR's and other field paperwork is 100% reconciled daily
in conjunction with the PCR processing.
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to
closure with appropriate action.
- Provide staff counseling and guidance and information regarding
- Promptly investigates incidents involving assigned units or
personnel, including, filing of internal and external reports, and
- Ensure maintenance of adequate levels of staffing, equipment
and medical supplies for field units.
- Implement and enforce company policies and standards.
- Perform direct ALS patient care activities.
- Maintain communication with other agencies and
- Serve on committees with other departments to set policies and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Prepare reports and manages projects as assigned by Operations
Manager or Director of Operations.
- Maintain availability during disaster situations or mass
casualty incidents and assist in any capacity needed.
- Attend scheduled meetings as required by the Operation
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal
employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with
Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.)
- Responsible for supervising, directing and developing
subordinates, including completing performance reviews, counseling
- Responsible for developing and maintaining department
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and
- Direct AMR resources during mass casualty/disaster
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security
is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every
computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security
policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security
training, when offered. Report information systems security
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and
provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to
facilitate individual and team development that drives positive
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of
employment, including but not limited to staffing, training,
promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of
company/department policies and procedures.
- Perform ambulance duties as necessary. NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Perform other duties required.Physical Requirements
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education/Licensing/CertificationsHigh school diploma or GED.
Current Oregon State Paramedic Certification, BLS, PALS and ACLS
certification, or equivalent credentials. Some advanced education
preferred. Experience: Three years EMS experience required;
Paramedic field experience preferred. Knowledge and Skills:Must be
able to function as a field paramedic performing direct ALS patient
care activities. Must be able to drive an ambulance and have a
driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding
insurability. Microsoft office experience. Thorough knowledge of
system status management. Effective oral and written and
Interpersonal communication skills.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing for individuals with a disability.
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Hillsboro , Operations Supervisor, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...