Company: Laika Inc
Posted on: March 16, 2023
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of databases that power LAIKA's feature animation pipeline and business operations. The DBA works with Managers and Technical Leaders in Production and Business Systems to provide secure, resilient and performant database services.
* Set and maintain database standards for optimal security, performance, and resilience.
* Install and maintain database servers.
* Install, upgrade and manage database applications.
* Create and manage database reports, visualizations and dashboards.
* Monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
* Create automation for database tasks.
* Be on-call as needed for critical database services.
* Document configurations, workflows and procedures.
* 5+ years' experience as a Database Administrator.
* Strong knowledge of SQL and SQL Server tools.
* Strong experience with relational and dimensional data modeling.
* Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, performance monitoring.
* Extensive experience with PostgreSQL and MS-SQL, required.
* Experience with Azure and/or AWS environments, preferred.
* Experience with Azure Data Lake and/or MySQL, preferred.
* Strong understanding of enterprise IT operations and support practices.
* Experience with Kanban, Scrum and related methodologies, preferred.
* Well organized with strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR (and Hybrid Eligible).
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our EMPLOYMENT DISCLAIMER and MATERIALS SUBMISSION AGREEMENT.
Keywords: Laika Inc, Hillsboro , Database Administrator, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
here to apply!