IT OT Systems Specialist I
Posted on: March 16, 2023
This position, based in Genentech's Hillsboro, Oregon facility, provides the opportunity to have a key role in a highly automated pharmaceutical drug substance facility. The site employs highly integrated computer control systems to manage plant operations and manufacturing data. The candidate will report to the local IT OT organization, an organization that is currently undergoing a transformation towards digitalization, advancing fundamental elements to meet future needs, such as standardizing and leveraging new technologies.
The IT OT Team in Hillsboro is supporting Hillsboro Technical Operations (HTO) which is the commercial Make Assess and Release (MAR) and launch site for North America and Hillsboro Individualized and Cell Therapies (HIT) which is transitioning into a multi-product facility for development, clinical and commercial supply capabilities for individualized and cell therapies.
What you'll be working on:
Providing technical support for Genentech staff in the GxP Manufacturing and Quality area. Skilled at providing end user support in a complex, 24x7 environment. Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers. Contributes to producing end user documentation and training materials. Broad familiarity with information technology, both hardware and software. May assist in designing information technology processes, procedures and systems in alignment with Roche / Genentech's business needs.
This include activities like:
* Provide Amazing Customer Service.
* Troubleshoot multiple computer platforms: Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Mobility devices.
* Support multiple enterprise and department applications including: e-mail, calendar/scheduling, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, working knowledge of Office Suites for MAC & PC, Internet browsers.
* Partnering with Automation, provide critical support for manufacturing business systems i.e. MCS, MES, DCS.
* Support computers within the GMP areas, including shop floor and labs.
* SME for Honeywell / Intermec Barcode printers and Smart Scanners, supporting Automation and Manufacturing.
* Provide support for basic network configurations: LAN, WAN, wireless, VPN.
* Install and upgrade software and operating systems.
* Troubleshoot networked and local printers. Identify and resolve hardware and software application conflicts.
* Perform upgrades to hardware and arrange for hardware repairs when necessary.
* Open and close service requests, as well as manage the assignment, tracking, and completion of requests.
* Coordinate with other sites and corporate IT staff in the resolution of issues. Ensure that resolutions are consistent with standards and do not introduce additional conflicts.
* Document resolutions, workarounds, and frequently asked questions for problems and service requests.
* Execute the delivery of services per Service Level Agreements to customers in support of a 24x7 mission critical environment.
* Manage user accounts, access rights, device and print queues. Provide security management/administration.
* Keep current documentation on systems, such as hardware and software manuals, system site guides, change control, license agreements, and service contracts.
Role Minimum Requirements:
* BS degree in Computer Science desirable
* 4 to 6 years experience providing onsite and/or remote technical support to end users in PC and Mac environments with emphasis on Wintel OS and hardware.
* Basic knowledge of basic network concepts (e.g., TCP IP, Windows Networking, Ethernet).
* Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Skilled in root-cause analysis.
* Communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
* Professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor.
* Ability to focus on projects in a fast pace environment with frequent interruptions, changing priorities and deadlines.
* Skilled at setting priorities to complete tasks / projects within scheduled timeframe.
* Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills (oral, written, telephone) including diplomacy, tact, and flexibility to interact effectively and respond to employees and outside contractors with technical and non-technical problems.
* Encourages others in fostering effective teamwork and actively solicits ideas from others.
* Can lead small projects and mentor/lead individuals in workgroup. Plays lead role responsible for key deliverables (on behalf of multiple resources) on projects. Represents workgroup on project teams and influences the decisions and direction of project. Serves as the "go to" resource for the work group or project team.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new projects or assignments.
* Very good knowledge about local manufacturing and automation systems in use
* Solid knowledge on IT infrastructure and service deployment model within Roche
* Must possess an in-depth knowledge of PC software and hardware for desktop, laptop and mobile computers (Smart Scanners), with additional knowledge in the Mac area being a plus.
* Experience supporting mission-critical production systems in an enterprise environment.
* Experience in support of applications within FDA-regulated (GxP) environments.
* Strong analytical skills for effective troubleshooting and problem solving
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Genentech, Hillsboro , IT OT Systems Specialist I, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
here to apply!