Principal Enterprise Information Architect
Company: Hire Talent
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job Title: Principal Enterprise Information Architect
Job Location: Hillsboro, OR
Job Duration: 12 Months on W2
The Enterprise Information Architecture team partners with business and technology leaders and experts across all business functions within the enterprise in creating an information strategy and framework that is aligned to company and functional objective. The strategy and framework enables a common understanding of business data/information across the enterprise, provides information models and structures that are flexible and can change as the business evolves, and enables streamlined business collaboration through an sharing framework.
As Principal Enterprise Information Architect, you'll be part of a strategic team passionate about aligning vision, goals, and objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver the enterprise information architecture blueprint which includes information ownership boundaries that model the business, names and definitions of all information created within these boundaries, the system agnostic structure and high level design of this information, and the sharing model which enables effective and efficient business collaboration.
This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional business experts and technical experts to understand process, vision, strategies and plans and analyze and build current, future, and interim information designs and roadmaps to achieve the enterprise vision. This role will provide expertise for all things data and information within one or more subject areas with regard to business function, high level process, data inputs and outputs, the application footprint, and the end to end flow of information across the enterprise. This role will partner closely with capability and reporting & analytics engineering teams to consult and oversee implementation of architecture and designs to working software.This role will also collaborate regularly with Data Governance experts to ensure the holistic information architecture is realized through strict stewardship and governance.
Provide thought leadership and drive and facilitate the right discussions with business & technical leaders, subject matter experts, architects and engineers to define and design information and data in alignment to current and future business objectives
- Own and maintain the Enterprise Subject Area Model which provides clear, consistent, and intuitive information and data naming and definitions that are system agnostic and represent the our client business.
- Provide Information Ownership Framework driving clarity of the bounded context for data exposure and consumption across the our client ecosystem. Partner closely with Domain and Solution Architecture to influence designs and ensure integration services layers align to this framework
- Provide conceptual information design through Conceptual Data Models and Entity Relationship diagrams and oversee Logical and Physical/API designs and reporting/analytical data products by providing oversight and consultation to data modelers, analysts and engineering partners
- Provide current, target, and tranisitonal state Business Collaboration Diagrams which model cross-functional information sharing across the enterprise. Provide support and consultation to capability and analytics teams on data sourcing in alignment with roadmaps
- Partner closely with Data Governance partners to ensure information architecture can be realized through a sustainable stewardship framework
- Advocate and drive adoption of "best practices" and demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines
Bachelor's degree in Technology, Business or a related field
3+ years' experience providing architecture and design leadership to business, technical & cross-functional teams
- 5+ years in hands-on experience in business data consulting or analysis, conceptual data modeling, data engineering, or analytics
- Strong understanding of enterprise information architecture and enterprise integration and the complexities of data sharing/flow in large scale environment
- Strong understanding of business functional design, business process design and modeling
- High level understanding and experience with data ingress, egress, data services/APIs, data warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate strategic business strategy, capability and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Demonstrated track record of leading within sophisticated organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Strong facilitation and interviewing skills and experience in managing senior partner relationship, partnership and interactions
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced business environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong understanding of Agile driven development, Product model & bias towards action
- Large enterprise experience preferred
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design preferred
- Experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing preferred
- Experience in Supply Chain preferred
Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed products/services, applications, and service offerings, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. May create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
Typical Office: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Keywords: Hire Talent, Hillsboro , Principal Enterprise Information Architect, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
here to apply!