Substance Abuse Counselor
Company: Management & Training Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Starting pay: $26.51 per hour, dependent on credentials and
Part-time, 32 hours a week, non-exempt
- Work with new students for testing, assessment and development
of assistance and retention plans during the 45 day probation
period; provide an assessment and assistance/intervention plan for
any student who tests positive for drugs or receives an alcohol
- Conduct TEAP classes, group educational, peer support and other
prevention sessions for students.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual
compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student.
Prepare related reports.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop
and implement a plan to modify or control the problems by working
with students, counselors, instructors and the mental health
- Provide input to the counseling, health and wellness and human
resources departments for necessary referral of students with TEAP
problems; utilize community resources as available.
- Work with mental health consultants, health and wellness staff
and counselors to intervene with substance users who meet the
treatment criteria to remain in Job Corps.
- Review and interpret drug test results.
- Ensure the documentation of all student assessments and that
plans are in student's medical records regarding TEAP
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members
with specific goals toward staff education and awareness, staff
skills in identification and reporting substance use problems,
individual staff member counseling skills and general team building
throughout the center.
- Develop linkages with community resources for TEAP
services.Education and Experience Requirements:
Unrestricted Oregon license/certification as an independent drug
and alcohol counselor. Bachelor's degree in social work,
counseling, psychology, or related field and one year
substance-related experience. Masters degree preferred. -
Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal
communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid
driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
About Tongue Point:
Tongue Point Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training
Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located at the
mouth of the Columbia River, the Center is one of the five largest
employers in Clatsop County. -
Tongue Point offers students training in 12 vocations. We are the
only Job Corps Center in the nation with a seamanship program, and
seamanship is the Center's largest vocation. -
Tongue Point Job Corps Center is a drug-free workplace and a
tobacco-free campus. -
For more information about Job Corps visit: -http://jobcorps.gov -
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Hillsboro , Substance Abuse Counselor, Other , Astoria, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!