Care Coordinator RN, Dual Part Time
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: Inpatient Care Managers are Registered Nurses who
collaborate with the primary clinician and the health care team to
manage patients with discharge planning needs. -The Inpatient Care
Manager performs an independent assessment of patient care needs
and subsequently develops and implements a plan of care for the
patients transition from the acute care setting. -Inpatient Care
Managers also serve as expert resource consultants and educators
for the health care team members, assure the coordination of
internal and community resources, support the evaluation and
improvement of care systems to support the optimal utilization of
resources and promotion of quality patient care. -The Inpatient
Care Manager assumes primary accountability for the anticipation,
assessment, and development, implementation, and communication of
the discharge plan of care for patients with post-hospital care
- Coordinates post-discharge patient care needs to assure the
timely and effective discharge of routine and complex patients from
the hospital setting.
- Independently and proactively completes and documents patient
assessments which are thorough, timely, age appropriate, and
reflect psychosocial support systems, care needs, health plan
benefits, level of care determinations for hospitalized
- Coordinates and communicates with patients, families, and the
health care team to develop mutually agreeable plans of care that
optimize the use of resources to support the particular needs of
- Facilitates resolution of issues which present barriers to safe
transfers through the use of patient/team care conferences to
assure the efficient transition to a lower level of care and to
assure the patient/family receives the right care at the right time
so that quality and utilization of resources are simultaneously
- Ensures systematic and ongoing contact with interdisciplinary
staff and continuing care services to assure the safe transition of
patients across care settings.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team,
ensures regulatory and compliance standards are met. Perform duties
as requested.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum one (1) year of acute hospital experience and a minimum
of one year of case management experience, or two years of acute
- BSN or bachelors degree in a health-care related field or
currently enrolled in a BSN program or four (4) years of experience
in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of
- Basic Life Support within 3 months of hireAdditional
- Demonstrated ability to interrelate with physicians, nurses,
support staff, and patients in interdisciplinary approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and work as a
constant patient advocate.
- Basic physical, psychosocial, functional assessment
- Familiar with care processes and systems in settings internal
and external to Kaiser Permanente.
- Familiar with and able to collaborate with Kaiser Permanente
and community resources.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of teaching and delegation,
physical assessment and care planning, and appropriate utilization
of acute hospital, long-term care, and home care resources.
- Able to develop concise and thorough documentation of patient
clinical assessment and care needs.
- Highly effective problem solving, written and verbal
communication, customer service, organizational and time management
- Ability to effectively provide culturally competent care.
- Ability to work with angry or hostile individuals in high
- Familiarity with and ability to use computers.Preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of Medical/Surgical, Critical Care, or
- Minimum three (3) years of recent experience in one or more of
the following areas: Hospital Inpatient Discharge Planning,
Community Health, Home Health and/or Utilization Management.
- Minimum two (2) years of Emergency Room nursing for Care
Coordination positions in which Emergency Room is the primary
- Certified Case Management (CCM) is preferred upon
- Knowledge of appropriate utilization of acute hospital and
Kaiser Permanente internal resources.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations related to
eligibility requirements: hospital, nursing facilities, home
health, hospice, and Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
- Knowledge of Milliman Care Guideline (MCG) criteria or
completion of MCG criteria training within 3 months of hire.
- Demonstrated clinical judgment and customer-focused service
- Knowledge of principles of patient teaching, disease prevention
measures, and physical assessment as it relates to the needs of
patient and the next level of care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with
physicians, nurses, patients and families.
- Able to type 30 WPM with accuracy.
- Masters degree.Notes:
- Variable including holiday and weekendsJob Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Hillsboro , Care Coordinator RN, Dual Part Time, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!