Sonographer Vascular - On Call
Posted on: November 25, 2022
To provide diagnostic vascular ultrasound services in a hospital
and/or clinical setting, to include cerebrovascular, arterial and
venous structures. -Clerical duties as required. -To perform all
duties in a manner which promotes team concepts and reflects the
KPNW Mission and philosophy.
- Performing diagnostic vascular procedures, using knowledge,
skills and abilities required for age of patient served to include:
Routine, emergent, portable, surgical examinations in accordance
with department policies and procedures.
- Communication with Vascular surgeons and/or Radiologists.
- Assist with patient/manage transport needs.
- Exam review. Restocking supplies/cleaning. Quality Assurance
functions. Other duties as assigned.Basic
- A minimum two (2) year JRCERT approved program to include ARRT
certification, state licensure and successful completion of one
year Ultrasound training and certification, OR Two (2) years Allied
Health experience and successful completion and certification of
two (2) year ARDMS program, OR Successful completion of an CAAHEP
accredited Ultrasound program and ARDMS registered.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- ARDMS Registry in Vascular Technology (RVT) required upon
- Current OR Board of Medical Imaging License (Sonography) OR
Temporary License for out of state hires required upon
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required
within 30 days of hire/transfer. -Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge and competency in the following:
- Physics of ultrasound waves and their interaction with human
tissue for evaluation of blood flow in vessels and imaging of blood
- Principles of operation, signals and information provided by
all commonly used vascular diagnostic equipment.
- Anatomy, physiology, and hemodynamics of cerebrovascular,
arterial and venous systems.
- Basic epidemiology of prominent disease processes of
cerebrovascular, arterial and venous systems, including knowledge
of risk factors.
- Familiar with common consequences of vascular trauma, including
hemorrhage, hematoma, false aneurysm and arterio-venous fistulae
and how non-invasive testing methods may be used to help identify
these abnormalities. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of recent experience (within the last five
(5) years) in a vascular lab department.
- Understanding of vascular lab services, workflows and special
procedures including various interventional protocols.
- Organizational skills, time management, prioritization,
planning; attention to detail; problem solving, decision making,
judgment; technical skills; initiative; communication,
interpersonal skills, customer relations, organizational
- Adaptability; following Policies and Procedures;
- Able to work unsupervised and perform exams independently and
- On-Call position.
- No coded days or hours. -Job Schedule: Job Category: Imaging &
Keywords: Kaiser, Hillsboro , Sonographer Vascular - On Call, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!