Special Procedure Technologist - On Call
Posted on: November 26, 2022
-Assists credentialed provider with all diagnostic,
interventional and therapeutic procedures within the cardiac and
vascular laboratory environments. Performs all duties in a manner
that promotes teamwork and reflects KPNW mission and philosophy
goals. Works under direct supervision of a credentialed
- Monitors radiation safety and completes the necessary
administrative tasks to ensure proper documentation and
- Actively performs quality assurance functions of x-ray
equipment and protective garments/accessories, trouble shoots
equipment problems and initiates vendor service call.
- Assists hospital radiation safety officer in survey and
compliance documentation for the CVLs. Familiarity with use of IVUS
machine and Site Rite ultrasound machine.
- Familiarity with PACS image retrieval for presentation during
active cases. Serves as scrub assistant or monitor/recorder for
cardiology and radiology studies.
- Prepares and position patients for invasive procedures.
- Assists with cardiovascular tests and record patients
hemodynamic activity using specialized electronic test equipment,
recording devices and laboratory instruments.
- Obtains hemostasis at arterial and venous access sites
post-procedure, including removal of sheaths and safe management of
- Sets up, maintains and troubleshoots Intra Aortic Balloon Pump
- Recognizes cardiac arrhythmias and hemodynamic waveforms and
alerts credentialed provider and other team members during
procedures and according to protocol.
- Administers intra-coronary and/or intra-arterial medications
under direct supervision of the physician.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field using aseptic technique
- Prepares, maintains, and operates hemodynamic and monitoring
- Performs basic and advanced life support when required,
- Maintains proficiencies to perform point of care tests on lab
equipment such as activated clotting time (ACT), oxygen
saturations, & glucose testing, and arterial blood gases
- Performs patient teaching of procedures.
- Works on call and is required to respond on-site within 30
minutes of call. Restocks supplies, maintains clean work area; file
room work area.
- Assists with transportation of patients. -Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum twelve (12) continuous months of cardiac cath lab, EP,
and/or Special procedures work experience within the last three (3)
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived. -Education
- Successful completion of an accredited program in radiologic
technology (ARRT). -License, Certification, Registration
- Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist License (Oregon) OR
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Washington)
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Certificate
within 12 months of hire OR American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists Certificate - Vascular Interventional Radiography
within 12 months of hire from American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists OR Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist
Certificate within 12 months of hire OR American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists Certificate - Cardiac Interventional
Radiography within 12 months of hire from American Registry of
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 2 months of hire
- Radiologic Technologist Certification from American Registry of
- Basic Life Support within 1 months of hire -Additional
- Proof of continuing education to maintain registry.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Ability to use and apply excellent communication and
interpersonal skills with peers and administration.
- Performs all functions at a high level of competence without
- Must be able to comply with departmental policy for 30-minute
response time for after-hour call backs.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of recent EP, interventional cardiac, and/or
vascular lab experience.
- Recent prior angio/cath lab experience.
- Organization skills, time management, prioritization, planning;
attention to detail; problem solving, decision making, judgment;
technical skills; initiative; communication, interpersonal skills,
customer relations, organizational relations.
- Adaptability; flexibility.
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) - Registered
Cardiac Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Registered Electrophysiology
Specialist (RCES), or The American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists Cardiac-Interventional Radiography (ARRT-CI) or
Vascular-Interventional Radiography (ARRT-VI).
- EKG Rhythm / Dysrhythmia Recognition -Notes:
- Work days will vary. -Job Schedule: Job Category: Imaging &
Keywords: Kaiser, Hillsboro , Special Procedure Technologist - On Call, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!