Dental Assistant, Specialty
Company: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center
Posted on: November 23, 2022
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
FLSA: Non-ExemptUnder the general supervision of a Specialty
Dentist in a practice care setting, assists the dentist in
providing dental treatment. Follows and supports the CARE model for
patient experience.Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist with Specialty Doctors
- Collects and records patient health histories.
- Patient management during dental procedures, monitors patient
when N20 is being used.
- Instrument transfer 4 handed dentistry while following
- Dental procedure isolation techniques.
- Prepares dental materials, cements, composite, impression
- Anticipates all of doctor's needs.
- Ensures operatory is set up and broken down properly.
- Conducts maintenance of all equipment; sterilizers, ultrasonic,
flush lines, clean/replace traps.
- Scans reception room for patients.
- Assumes responsibility for the upkeep of the dental operatory
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of assigned operatory
and for assigned equipment.
- Maintain a stocked and clean operatory. Assist in updating and
maintaining patient dental records to include
- Ortho and Perio charting as directed.
- Prevention and management of dental medical emergencies.
- Inventory control and management.
- Expose and develop radiographs while always using good
- Ensures all instruments are cleaned and sterilized/disinfected
to meet OSHA, CDC, and ADA standards.
- Ensures Dental treatment room is properly disinfected.
- Explain post-operative care.
- Assist with Front Desk duties as assigned.
- Create treatment plans and present to the patient and/or
treatment coordinator or patient coordinator on behalfof the
- Assist with training future Dental Assistants, mentor Dental
Assistant I and Dental Assistant II Employees for specialty
- Conduct follow up calls on extensive treatments and report back
- Assist with all training for any new equipment.
- Other duties as assigned. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent
organization and follow through.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability
to prioritize workload.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense
- Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and
capable of supporting a team to achieve successful results.
- Maintains confidentiality discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to
achieve business objectives.
- Willing to grow and be challenged. Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Leadership, critical thinking, organizational and
- Certification in Dental Assisting
- 1 year experience in specialty field preferred.
- Current CPR, BLS and PALS preferred or ability to obtain in 30
days as required by specialty
- Radiology, EFDA. EFODA, DAANCE as required by specialty
- Experience with scheduling in a patient based setting
- Experience with hospital care as needed per specialty
- Ability to work Monday through Friday and occasional weekends
as scheduled and based on business need.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA and HIPAA standards
- Computer Literacy, i.e.; Proficient with basic applications
including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Physical Demands
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such
as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and or loud noises.
- Moderate Physical activity; requires handling average-weight
objects up to 15-20 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
4 hours per day. Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require
- Work Environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment. The
specific statements shown in each section of this description are
not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.** In
accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance Plan, employee must conduct
DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations,
professional standards and ethical standards and report potential
compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ's Compliance Officer.
** DentaQuest's Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment
to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or
special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an
undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human
Resources for additional information regarding this
Keywords: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center, Hillsboro , Dental Assistant, Specialty, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!