Competency Engineer EXE / High-NA
Company: ASML US, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Competency Engineer EXE / High-NA
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and
technology to develop lithography machines that are key to
producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We
design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced
machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro,
Oregon.The holder of this position will drive the performance and
maintain an overview and road map for the scanner subsystems at
customer site. The holder of this position reports to the EXE Group
Leader and provides indirect and direct support to customers, and
direct escalation and competency support to operations.This
position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in
the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. * 730, et seq.).
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such
controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may
require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately
eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The EXE Bottom Competency Engineer will work with the Fab team
engineers and system planners to provide escalation support
including action plans, best known methods and competency
knowledge. The EXE Bottom Competency Engineer will also work with
non-local resources to solve escalated and structural issues,
disseminate knowledge into the local team and provide project
support per competency.Your main responsibilities:
- Diagnose and determine root cause and provide action plans to
- Execute difficult and uncommon repairs.
- Support the execution of the EXE5000 integration at customer
- Provide beta test, project and coordination support.
- Review complex action plans upon request.
- Knowledge transfers to local site engineers and customer.
- Data analysis and define improvement and monitoring plans.
- Develop and implement best known methods on necessary
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation
including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
- Mature and industrialize the ecosystem to meet customer
Education and experience
- BS engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- MS engineering preferred
- 3+ years of experience.
- Engineers with greater than 5 years' experience in a CS support
department for high tech products.
- Engineers with at least 3 years of ASML micro-lithography
system experience preferred.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly
independent in a shift position.
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping
integrate from a technical and procedural perspective.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new
challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the
only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be
part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll
collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for
creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and
trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.To
thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact
with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
through prioritization, quality, efficiency and
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and
high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding
environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track
equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge
level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under
different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of
different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, proactive, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the
importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy
of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all
job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or
gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a
driving force in the success of our company.
Role within OfficeResponsibilities:
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,
reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. This position
will require to work nights and weekends on a rotation basis to
support our customers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.This position will require an extensive
travel time for training at ASML research and production centers in
Veldhoven, The Netherlands.Hi NA EUV HillsboroEOE
AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more about applying for a job
at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: ASML US, LLC, Hillsboro , Competency Engineer EXE / High-NA, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!