Company: Boys and Girls Clubs of Portland
Posted on: September 24, 2022
BGCP'S mission is to empower all young people, especially those
who need us most, to discover their full potential as caring,
engaged, responsible community members. BGCP's top priorities are
to ensure an inclusive, diverse, and equitable work environment
with an uncompromised commitment to safety. We are committed to
filtering all policies and practices through an equity-based and
trauma-informed care lens. We position ourselves as lifelong
learners and seek individuals who have demonstrated dedication to
creating safe and nurturing environments. We seek individuals who
are dedicated to supporting extraordinary experiences for youth,
are exceptional team members, have an investment in our surrounding
communities, and are hungry for ongoing personal growth and
professional development. Join our dynamic team and be prepared to
be challenged, to work hard, and to participate in a vibrant,
mission-driven environment. Be prepared to fall in love with the
work we do and the youth with whom we are privileged to serve each
day. For more information on BGCP and our work visit: Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision and flexible spending account
- 100% company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short-term
and long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Company-paid holidays
- Retirement plans with employer match BGCP is currently
searching for STEAM(SC) Coordinators that focus on the delivery of
activities and mentorship to youth that supports their
developmental growth toward a great future. SCs plan and deliver a
wide variety of programming with an emphasis on STEAM. SCs steward
a climate that is inclusive, equitable, and culturally responsive
and engage their cohort in trauma-informed, restorative, and
developmentally appropriate behavior management and discipline.
- Mentor and supervise a group of elementary, middle or highs
- Guide members through fun, hands-on learning and social
recreation activities including art (music, theater, visual arts),
STEM, games, sports and more!
- Create and supervise special events and activities for youth to
connect with future possibilities- field trips and on- site
- Attend and engage in all scheduled training and professional
development opportunities outlined by supervisor and in the annual
training/professional development calendar. Operational
- Work within Club leadership team to ensure daily safety,
operations and programming requirements and goals are met.
- Adhere to all COVID-19 safety policies and practices for your
safety and the safety of others. Position Requirements
- Provide role model values, expectations, and exceptional youth
development skills at all times.
- Support and collaborate with the Club leadership team to
promote a consistent and impactful Club experience for all youths &
- Communicate with parents, program partners and stakeholders to
ensure strong relationships and a safe Club.
- Participate in the collection of data regarding program
delivery, quality, and outcomes.
- Possess a strong understanding of and adhere to organizational
policies and procedures with the ability to demonstrate good
judgment when unexpected situations arises.
- May need to deal with stressful incidents that can occur in the
daily commencement of their duties.
- All BGCP employees are Mandated Reporters and must report any
suspected Child Abuse or Neglect to their direct supervisor.
- Must have knowledge of youth and teen development principles
- Ability to consistently meet schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Ability to be punctual and adhere to a set work schedule,
established by position expectations and site needs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently without direct
- License to drive (if over 21) and ability to drive Club vans a
- Consistent work schedules preferred.
- One year of experience preferred but NOT required. Physical
- Frequent high volumes of personal interactions with youths,
families and other staff.
- Frequent walking with prolonged standing.
- Must be able to sit, bend, stoop, climb and occasional lifting
of up to 25 lbs.
- Moderate to intermittent high levels of noise.
- Vision abilities requirements include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Since the beginning of the COVID-19
pandemic, BGCP has focused on protecting the health of our
communities and workforce. As a result, BGCP has, as mandated that
as a qualification of employment, all staff must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18, 2021, as allowed by law
and unless the staff receives a medical or religious exemption.
Candidates who receive an offer of BGCP employment must provide
proof of vaccination upon hire or submit an exemption request prior
to their start date. Being fully vaccinated is a requirement for
continued employment. The more vaccinated our organization is, the
better we can protect ourselves, our members, our communities and
our colleagues. Diversity and Inclusion: At BGCP, we do not just
accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture
of dignity and respect for our employees. BGCP is proud to an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or
any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or
applicable local law. Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may
apply for veterans' preference. BGCP gladly provide reasonable
accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them
from completing an application or participating in this recruitment
process. Please contact BGCP Human Resources in advance to request
Keywords: Boys and Girls Clubs of Portland, Hillsboro , STEAM Coordinator, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!