Janitorial Crew Member- Hillsboro, OR
Posted on: September 24, 2022
KBS is looking for a motivated, high energy Crew Member that
performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in building
adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in a clean, orderly, and
functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors,
vendors, client's staff, and other employees as necessary. Perform
all duties related to maintaining the general cleanliness and
safety of the main floor, restrooms, and back offices.
This is an hourly, non-exempt, position. Se Habla Espaol.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; available to work weekends.
- The Crew Member position reports to the Crew Leader.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices,
stairways, and windows.
- Sweep, remove debris, clean spills, and mop floors throughout
the sales floor and seating area.
- Regularly check the trash receptacles, emptying as needed, in
all areas of the site.
- Collect, consolidate, and separate recycling into proper
- Clean windows and mirrored surfaces; polish stainless steel
- Dust fixtures, shelves, and products as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the customer and team member
restrooms (includes cleaning and policing as needed).
- Complete sweep logs, as directed.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation
procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors, and
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to
- Building and warehouse cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to carry out detailed oral or written
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job
- Disposition to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products
up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in and around the facility with great frequency;
facilities are over a quarter-mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual
(picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- The office environment has minimum hazards, which may include
varying temperatures and moderate noise levels.
- The site environment may have varying temperatures, varying
workstations, and varying interactions with customers and staff.
The noise level is usually moderate.
- Facilities are over a quarter-mile in length
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors,
hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on
concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Occasionally work occurs in poor weather conditions, including
heat, cold, rain, or snow.
What's In It For You?
Supportive work environment shifts that accommodate your needs.
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or military
status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also
provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
and applicable state and local law.
Keywords: KBS, Hillsboro , Janitorial Crew Member- Hillsboro, OR, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!