Company: Hampton Lumber
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Hampton Lumber is a family-owned wood products company
headquartered in Portland, Oregon. With over 1,700 employees, we
operate ten sawmills in Western Oregon, Washington, and British
Columbia. We also manage timberland and operate a wholesale and
export division. With nearly 80 years in the sawmill business, we
are proud to have cultivated the knowledge and experience needed to
grow and prosper, even in challenging times. - We always look to
the future and invest in our people, new technologies, and
continuous improvement processes and techniques.
Work safely and maintain a safe work environment for yourself and
others. Able to follow all operating rules and environmental
practices in order to remain environmentally compliant. -Must have
knowledge of machine center line-up and be qualified to operate all
filing room equipment. -
Generous company-paid assistance for Medical and Dental insurance
premiums; cost-effective co-pays & deductibles. Vision, Short Term
Disability, Roth and pre-tax 401k, with a 2% company match and an
additional 5% annual employer contribution, fully vested after
three years. -
- Work in a safe manner by complying with all company safety
policies to include utilizing all required PPE.
- Able to follow all operating rules and environmental practices
in order to remain environmentally compliant.
- Good manual dexterity
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Must maintain a high degree of quality in performance and
methods with regards to efficiency and safety
- Change saws and guides as required
- Recognize and communicate quality and/or size problems to lead
or supervisor and/or fellow teammates in a timely manner and see
that they are corrected to the best of your ability
- Learn to perform calibrations on Edgers and Scanners as
- Assist with routine maintenance of machine centers
- Attend any training necessary to upgrade performance
- Notify lead of any problems that arise during the shift
- Assist maintenance personnel as necessary.
- Must be willing to train any employee as assigned by
- Must be a team player
- Be able to align all edgers including gang and board
- Be able to teach tipping and side grinding as needed, to
- Be able to train all personnel in aspects of filing room
- Keep supervisor informed of parts or supplies needed and/or
- Will keep working areas clear of waste and spare time will be
- Will immediately advise lead or supervisor of any problems that
arise during shift.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Will perform all tasks that are required by the
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug
EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience with band saw and round
- Must be PIT certified or attain certification.
- Chainsaw Certified or attain certification.
- Fall Protection Certified or attain certification.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred. -
Learn more at -, or follow us on Facebook: -. - You can also learn
about our company and our priorities by visiting our . -
Hampton Lumber is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status,
age, or any other status protected by law. -Disability
accommodation available: If you are an individual with a disability
and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring
process, please contact the Human Resources Office for the location
you are applying. - -For more information about our commitment to
equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters:
and its accompanying . -
Keywords: Hampton Lumber, Hillsboro , Saw Filer, Other , Warrenton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!