Company: Tuality Healthcare
Posted on: August 2, 2022
* $3,000 sign-on bonus *
The Echocardiography Technologist works collaboratively with health
care providers to provide direct and indirect care to patients
undergoing procedures throughout the hospital. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, performance of transthoracic
echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, and transesophageal
echocardiograms. Evening and weekend call is mandatory.
Performed majority of the time:
* Performs transthoracic echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms,
and transesophageal echocardiograms:
o Assesses and prepares patients for procedures
o Conducts testing under the indirect supervision of a
o Positions patient to maximize effectiveness of image and minimize
o Adjusts equipment controls and modifies images during the exam to
demonstrate anatomy, physiology, hemodynamics, and/or pathology
o Determines need for additional views based on patient variables
or encountered pathology
o Records images for review by cardiologist
o Provides measurements, estimates, angles, and guidance as needed
during certain procedures including, but not limited to,
pericardiocentesis, transesophageal echocardiogram, and alcohol
o Selects appropriate scan based on functional and/or anatomical
o Utilizes ultrasound and contrast agents to view cardiac
structures and wall motion/perfusion
o Monitors patients and their response
o Reports pertinent findings to cardiologist
o Arranges images of exam findings for patient's medical record
o Documents according to established policies and procedures
* Demonstrates ongoing proficiency in clinical skills/knowledge
specific to specialty area
* Demonstrates practice consistent with current
* Protects patient privacy/maintains confidentiality
* Inserts and manages intravenous lines
* Recognizes and responds to adverse reactions, clinical problems,
or emergent situations
* Provides teaching to patient and family as necessary
* Performs routine cleaning and reports mechanical failure of
* Ensures emergency equipment is maintained and working
* Follows research protocols
* Performs patient care in a timely manner
* Productively utilizes unassigned time
* Uses proper technique for intravenous line insertion and
administers intravenous ultrasound enhancing agent according to
facility protocol and as outlined in the Scope of Practice and
Clinical Standards for the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Standard
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
* Performs general office duties: maintains stock supplies, assists
administrators in determining quantities for purchase, records
procedure codes for billing purposes, and scheduling patients.
* Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and
supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and
* Troubleshoot equipment and document errors or equipment
malfunctions; escalate issues and concerns to engineer, supervisor,
* Participates in the assessment and development of department and
hospital related projects
o Participates in orientation of new employees
o Serves as a resource for staff members, students, residents
o Serves on hospital and department committees as needed
o Develops and revises departmental policies, protocols,
procedures, and forms as needed
* Plans, prepares, and presents training for departmental
* Assists with other duties as assigned
* Rotating holiday and weekend call schedule and rotating Saturday
* Travel to offsite clinics may be necessary.
Decision making and budget responsibilities:
* Decision making has impact on the employee and patient's
* No budget responsibilities but demonstrates fiscally responsible
resource utilization and promotes cost containment.
* Associate's degree in Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technology or
Ultrasound from an approved and accredited program OR equivalent
combination of education, formal training and work experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technology or
Ultrasound from an approved and accredited program.
* One (1) year or greater of experience with Adult Cardiac
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
* Board Certification or eligibility for certification through one
(1) of the following organizations:
o American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as a
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS).
Certification to be obtained within 6 months of hire.
o Or, RCS (Registered Cardiac Specialist) through Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI)
* Sonographer license issued by Oregon Board of Medical Imaging.
Must have license by start date.
* American Heart Association BLS
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to document in EMR
* Find, push, or pull studies within PACS viewing system
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Uses effective written and interpersonal communication
* Behavior and appearance support a professional image.
* Demonstrates skills in caring for the adult and geriatric
* Epic EMR experience
* Bilingual skills a plus.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Keywords: Tuality Healthcare, Hillsboro , Echo Tech, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!