Company: Pacific Seafood
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Summary Under the direction of the Fabrication Manager, use
various welding equipment and procedures to weld or join aluminum,
stainless steel, and structural steel framing assembly components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Duties include but not
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times
- Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Operate and utilize safety equipment and use safe working
- Follow all established safety rules, wear required PPE at all
times, and obey safety signs and tags.
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications,
sketches, work orders, and safety data sheets to plan layout,
assembly, and welding operations.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure raw materials to be cut,
beveled, shaped, or grinded prior to assembly.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind, or bolt component
parts to obtain required configurations and positions for
- Determine required equipment and welding methods to be used,
applying knowledge of welding techniques and basic mathematical
- Utilize welding equipment such as lathe, band saw, milling
machine, water saw, drill press, ironworker/press/breaks, grinders,
portable welding machines, and other heavy equipment to join
together and shape raw materials.
- Utilize CADD software to set up Water Jet to cut individual
- Detect faulty equipment or defective materials and notify
Fabrication Manager - remedy any unsafe conditions immediately
- Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications The
requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications
necessary to successfully perform the job. A. Education and
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three or more years related experience and/or training.
- CNC waterjet experience
- AutoCAD experience B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or
- None C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus. Physical Requirements The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by a
team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is:
- Constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Working Conditions The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those a team member encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. While performing
the duties of this Job, the team member is exposed to:
- Occasional cold and/or humid conditions
- Risk of electric shock
- Noise level is usually loud Total Compensation At Pacific
Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall
compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below
to our competitive base wage you can increase your total
compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid
sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program Pacific Seafood is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Pacific Seafood, Hillsboro , Welder I, Other , Warrenton, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!