Production Operator / Wave Operator
Company: Quality Production LTD dba Fusion EMS
Posted on: July 27, 2022
Fusion is currently hiring for an Production Operator/ Wave
Operator and we would love to have you join our Production
Please note - that these mechanical skills listed below are not a
requirement for a candidate to be a fit. We will train an
individual with no experience on these machines that is willing to
learn and has great attendance.
FUSION is an Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) company
headquartered in Hillsboro, OR.
Rapid growth over the past few years has created the opportunity
for expansion and supplier program development.
At FUSION, our mission is to create success in everything we do. We
know that this success stems directly from our people, which is why
we strive to bring out the best in every employee. We understand
that if we start by hiring A+ player who is not only hardworking
but also passionate about what they do, we have an incredible
formula for a thriving organization. FUSION empowers people to
think creatively, collaborate with one another, and make great
At Fusion, our mission is to create success in everything we do.
While this relates directly to the service we provide our clients,
it also refers to our ongoing goal of promoting success within our
organization - be it through individual career growth, working
together to achieve team successes, or creating successful
solutions for our company as a whole.
Live the Fusion Values: Fusion team members strive to live our core
values every day. We live, breathe, and believe in our core
tenants. They are the foundation of our company. Every decision we
make aligns with our values and supports the company's mission of
Keep Getting Better: At Fusion, there's no such thing as good
enough. We never rest on our laurels - and if there's a better or
more efficient way of doing something, we'll find it. Ours is a
culture of continuous improvement and perpetually growing from
Help each other win: We're more than an organization - we're a
family. No one at Fusion operates in a silo. We believe in
investing in our team, enjoying each other's company, and
contributing to shared success through mutual respect and
Do what is right: Every member of our team understands that true
success comes from integrity. We know mistakes are a part of life -
but when we make a mistake, we own it, fix it, and learn from it.
We see challenge as an opportunity for team collaboration,
learning, and growth.
Deliver confidence: When it comes right down to it, we're in the
business of facilitating success - which means it's our job to
instill confidence with our work. Our customers should always know
what to expect from us, and we deliver on our promise - every
Position Description: This position performs a key role in the
production area where you will be operating the Wave machines.
Production Operator / Wave Solder Machine Operator (FT, day
Reports to: Production Manager
- Setup, operate and perform routine maintenance on wave solder,
selective solder, and water wash equipment.
- Generate wave solder profiles and selective wave
- Perform daily cleanliness tests of PCBAs using Omegameter test
equipment and log results.
- Operate mini-wave solder pots to install or remove components
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to solve production problems
and improve assembly processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems occurring during the
operation of the wave solder and selective soldering
- Responsible for documenting any production issues that
- Participate in weekly production improvement meetings with the
Pre-wave, Quality, and Engineering Departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required machine maintenance
is performed and properly documented.
- Compliance with all safety guidelines including the use of any
required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Any additional tasks as requested or required to help Fusion
achieve its goals.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be a US person.
- Ability to work from written English work instructions
- Ability to read and write English required.
- Strong computer skills required for machine programming and
logging and tracking work progress.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift containers and packages minimum of 40 lbs (at
- Prior wave solder machine operator experience is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must have manual dexterity to assemble products or machines as
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to differentiate between colored wires, tabs, and
- Medical and prescription. (Company covers medical - 90% for an
employee and 50% for spouse and family with three optional
- Dental and Vision
- Vacation time
- Simple IRA (similar to 401K) (company matches up to
- Short term disability (company covered)
- Long term disability (optional)
- Voluntary life (optional)
- Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
Keywords: Quality Production LTD dba Fusion EMS, Hillsboro , Production Operator / Wave Operator, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!