Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores,
complete with our own distribution centers and transportation
network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the
Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as
the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the
United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low
cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Assist customers in the seafood department by providing
over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and
orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area
for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered
product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides
friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external
customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
* Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly
courteous customer service by serving customers from all department
service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive
* Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates
and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food
Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating
of raw and cooked seafood.
* Handles frozen product, fresh seafood, cuts and prepares all
seafood products required for total daily sales according to SOP
(e.g., salmon, halibut, etc.) for purchase or selling.
* Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the
case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting
product back, filling, etc.
* Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the
freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing and pricing product
out, and placing in the desired location. Ices fresh freight by
putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
* Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and
putting in new ice.
* Merchandises the frozen seafood and refrigerated self-serve
seafood areas while insuring proper rotation and code dates.
* Merchandises the fresh seafood display cases by following the SOP
standard for fresh fish display.
* Places proper signage on all products which includes pricing,
description, code dating, and COOL information on all required
* Assist in the Deli Department when required and after all primary
duties have been completed, including covering breaks and lunches
in the Deli Department when needed.
* Maintains a constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
Ensures the department/area of responsibility is kept clear of
excess carts, baskets, garbage, etc.
* Maintains cleanliness, organization and eye-appeal of the seafood
sales and frozen and fresh seafood storage areas, equipment and
displays according to company policy and legal regulations.
* Cleans and maintains department equipment by breaking down and
reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing
dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing
* Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables
and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate
balers; sweeping and mopping floors and coolers; cleaning and
maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
* Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product
* Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated
* Fill department racks/shelves, displays, coolers, handle and use
cleaning materials, department machines and equipment, perform
other department duties as needed or directed.
* Stocks and rotates merchandise in any area of the store as
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and
* Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00
pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
* Perform all duties described in the deli clerk job description
* Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety
of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
* Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture's
guidelines and instructions.
* Handle refrigerated and frozen food products and enter frozen and
cold storage areas.
* Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and
compute weights and measures.
* Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and
* Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing.
* Effectively communicate with superiors concerning goals and
* Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to 60 lbs. frequently.
* Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend,
stoop, twist and turn frequently.
* Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards
with respect to related procedures, machines, equipment and work
* Understand state & federal regulations if certification is
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
* Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
* Refer to the deli clerk job description for complete list.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Hillsboro , Seafood Clerk, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!