Company: First Student
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Now Hiring a Lead Dispatcher in Portland
At First Student, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of
our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The
Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring
on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors
on front line.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Oversees all routing and scheduling of buses; dispatch buses and
provide timely and accurate route and passenger information to
drivers on route. Reviews route change requests with drivers
and submits appropriate paperwork for approval. Maintains an
appropriate log to record the date of submission, change number and
who the change was submitted to.
- Monitors sign-in and sign-out times for each route and submits
requests for changes as necessary. Adjusts route hours as
necessary to ensure productivity and reduce overtime.
- Assigns drivers and, when necessary, monitors to routes.
Where a “Bid” process is used, the dispatcher is responsible for
posting routes and overseeing the “Bid” process.
- Accurately updates daily dispatch log including the status of
vehicles and replacements, open routes, sub driver assignments and
other on-going operations items. Record all late buses,
breakdowns and accidents on the dispatch log. Information
recorded will include time of occurrence, location of bus, route
affected, bus involved and a detailed description of what steps are
being taken to resolve the problem.
- Collect all pre-trip inspection reports from drivers.
Inspection reports will be documented, dated, and filed. Vehicles
(buses) needing repairs shall be reported to the service
department. Responsible for working with the Shop Manager with
respect to scheduling buses for preventive maintenance (P.M.)
service(s), reporting breakdowns, and discussing driver concerns
regarding the fleet.
- May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems
- Handle back-up driver duties or perform miscellaneous clerical
duties as needed
- Completes assignment of special projects
- Assists with supervision of day-to-day operations
Dispatcher Experience and Skills Required:
- 5-7 years experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deliver under time constraints and deadlines
- Previous terminal operations, dispatch, or driver
- Computer literate
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first,
dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable
transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a
huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers
worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Hillsboro , Lead Dispatcher, Other , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!