Silicone and Foam Caster
Company: LAIKA, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Working under the supervision of the Head of Silicone and Foam,
the Puppet Silicone and Foam Caster is responsible for the casting
of soft puppet parts for eventual use as a performance puppet on
the stop motion stage.
- Cast over armatures and/or other core components of the puppet
so the mechanics are hidden and the finished component is
consistent and well balanced in its look and performance.
- Trim the seam lines off the casts as they come off the
- Find solutions for how to best disguise seams with appropriate
- Create identical duplicate character builds.
- Prepare build manuals for documentation and recipes.
- Organize inventory and reorder materials as needed.
- Balance priorities across workload and meet deadlines.
- Attend to silicone repairs.
- 3 years' experience working with silicone and other casting
- 2+ years' experience in stop motion character fabrication
- Knowledge of assembly techniques.
- Understanding of various casting materials, such as urethane,
foam, and silicone.
- Able to work in fine detail for extended periods of time under
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate
standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance;
stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee
must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to
variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or
moderate. In certain assignments, an employee may occasionally work
near moving equipment and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals,
airborne fumes and loud, prolonged noise (hearing protection
required when using power tools).
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission
Keywords: LAIKA, Inc., Hillsboro , Silicone and Foam Caster, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!