RN - Medical Surgical Unit 4 (KWMC / 36 Hr / Nights)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision and in collaboration with other
members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to
diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential health
problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing,
providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating
nurses care activities with other health care disciplines.
- Assessment: standard of performance: Performs accurate
multi-system assessments, including; biophysical, psychosocial,
environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning
needs. Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic
tests. Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization. Performs
complete discharge assessment.
- Planning: standard of performance: Develops an individual
nursing plan of care. Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the
developmental needs of the patient. Coordinates patient care
activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic
departments and community agencies. Develops patient teaching plan
and documents on care plan or teaching plan. Appropriately
delegates patient care activities based on patients condition and
scope of practice of other health care providers. Established
priories for patient care. Classifies acuity level of assigned
- Implementation: standard of performance: Initiates appropriate
measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or
surgical patient. Bases nursing care on protocol in place for
management of each patient. Correctly carries out the physicians
plan of care. Accurately documents in the emr. Documents care
according to policy and procedure. Utilizes a multidisciplinary
approach when appropriate. Performs all necessary procedures
correctly. Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient
teaching needs. Accurately calculates and administers medications.
Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
- Evaluation: standard of performance: Evaluates assessment
methods, plan of care, and patients response to treatment.
Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
- Minimum nine (9) months of RN experience.
- Minimum of nine months recent Med/Surg experience.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is
- Basic Life Support
- Computer keyboarding skills.
- Experience in acute care or skilled nursing, utilizing the
nursing process, effective problem solving and communication
- Previous health care experience.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field.
- Two (2) years of recent Med/Surg experience in an acute care
- Telemetry experience preferred.
- Med/Surg Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical judgment with a variety of chronic
illness and diseases as well as surgical orthopedic patients
Primary Location: Oregon,Hillsboro,Westside Hospital Scheduled
Weekly Hours: 36 Shift: Night Working Hours Start: 07:00 PM Working
Hours End: 07:30 AM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
W01|AFT|Local 5017 Job Level: Individual Contributor Department:
Westside Medical Cntr - Med/Surg - UNIT 4 - 1001 Travel: No
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Hillsboro , RN - Medical Surgical Unit 4 (KWMC / 36 Hr / Nights), Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!