The Mammography Technologist works under the direction of the
radiologists and the lead mammographer while proficiently
performing a variety of mammographic procedures, including but not
limited to special procedures and Dexa Scans. Works in Breast
Health Clinic, Surgical Services, and on the Mobile Mammography Van
Performed majority of the time:
- Properly operates all departmental mammography equipment Dexa
- Assists Radiologist in special procedures in mammography.
- Accurately charges exams on orders communication system on a
- Provides care appropriate to the age of patients served adult
and geriatric patients based on principles of growth and
development and life stages.
- Performs QC and charts results accurately.
- Performs intra-operative specimen imaging as assigned.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of procedure rooms.
- Maintains adequate stock; restocks as needed.
- Maintains 15 hours of continuing education in mammography per
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Maintains a minimum of 20 mammography exams per month per
- Assists in performing first aid as directed, when
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings.
- Attends and participates in community events.
Decision making and budget responsibilities:
- Impact limited to the employee.
- No budget responsibilities.
- Graduated from an accredited program in medical radiography or
radiologic sciences strongly preferred.
- Previous hospital or radiologic clinic experience strongly
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Oregon State License as a radiologic technologist.
- Mammography certification through ARRT.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS preferred
upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire.
o If not American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
certified upon hire, must have current BLS certification through
- Bone Densitometry certification through ARRT or Certified Bone
Densitometry Technologist (CBDT)
- Commercial Drivers License
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have demonstrated skills in caring for the adult and
- Shows ability to develop skills in use of computerized
- Uses effective communication skills.
- Uses proper positioning techniques set forth in department
- Uses proper radiation safety protection of patients and
- Practices sterile techniques and follows proper procedures for
blood and body fluid precautions.
- Effectively utilizes PACS system.
- Follows procedures for use of personal protective equipment,
infection control, and disposal of hazardous waste and sharps.
- Demonstrates confidentiality according to PHI regarding patient
and co-worker information.
- Maintains current Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- Consistently utilizes problem-solving techniques to resolve
complaints or concerns.
- May occasionally drive an organization-owned vehicle as part of
their job and is considered a Commercial Driver's License.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record which is defined
o No more than two (2) accidents and one (1) moving violation
o Two (2) moving violations and one (1) accident or
o Three (3) moving violations and no accidents on or off the job
within the past 36 months, and
o No conviction for driving under the influence of intoxicants
(DUI, suspended, auto felony convictions, or other serious
violations) within the past 36 months.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.