Quality Assurance Technician 2
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Acumed is a global leader of innovative orthopaedic and medical
solutions developed to improve patient care. With over three
decades of experience in the orthopaedic industry, our mission is
to aid the afflicted through the ingenuity of our minds, the labor
of our hands and the compassion of our hearts. The company is
headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon with a global sales and
distribution network supported by offices worldwide.
Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Assurance Technician 2 (QAT) inspects material,
products, or processes, purchased or manufactured, to the required
drawing or print specification, inspection plan or other
controlling document. Documents out of specification situations by
initiating nonconformance reports (NCMRs); performs cursory
investigation of the situation. Responsibilities include performing
in depth inspection of pilot run product and completing First
Article Inspections. Makes recommendations to improve systems and
processes, inspection methods and inspection standards to ensure
all products meet requirements. The QAT trains other employees in
inspections techniques and best practices and performs calibration
coordination for assigned work cells.
Monday-Thursday 3:30pm to 2:00am
- Tests, inspects, or measures products, materials, and/or
processes to evaluate conformance with specifications.
- Completes required documentation and other quality or
manufacturing data with accuracy and completeness.
- Accurately enters information into manufacturing data gathering
- Acts as calibration coordinator for assigned work cell(s),
performs timely calibrations and maintains gauges and test
machines. Removes gauges when calibration fails and researches
products tested since last passing calibration.
- Maintains calibration of gages and integrity of calibration
system by accurately entering information into tracking
- Creates Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMRs) for product or
materials out of specification or discarded.
- Dispositions product/materials following NCMR completion.
- Determines inspection priorities, monitors cell throughput, and
tracks the status of inspections by using and following established
methods (Hot List, FIFO).
- Makes recommendations to improve the efficiency and accuracy of
- Actively participates in Manufacturing Cell teams as a Quality
representative by addressing quality-related issues per documented
- Participates in activities which identify and reduce
non-value-added processes (apply lean concepts).
- Assigned to special projects as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Quality Technician Certification (CQT) or Quality Inspector
Certification (CQI) from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
and/or 2 years of prior experience in mechanical inspection.
- Fully trained and capable of working independently in more than
one Acumed inspection cell.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to read work
instructions, specifications and procedures and complete all
paperwork and communicate with other employees.
- Experience with the use of precision measuring equipment
including micrometers, calipers, gage pins, optical comparators,
and other inspection equipment.
- Proficient understanding of final acceptance activities.
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings
and specifications for manufactured products.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor.
- Good mathematical and analytical abilities.
- Strong organizational skills maintain an organized, neat and
clean work environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office required (i.e. Word, Excel, and
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning
and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with the use of manufacturing data gathering system
to determine product status and location (SAP experience
- General knowledge of machining processes.
- General knowledge/understanding of company products and their
- General knowledge/understanding of ISO13485 (current revision)
and FDA 21 CFR 820 regulations.
Acumed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other
things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Acumed is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with
disabilities. If you are interested in applying to Acumed and need
special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at
Keywords: Acumed, Hillsboro , Quality Assurance Technician 2, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!