RN (Women's & Children's Center) - 60005 - L&D | Part Time Nights
Company: Tuality Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The RN for Women's and Children's Center ensures the delivery of
quality nursing care to patients throughout the Women's &
Children's Center, including those who require cardiac monitoring,
in accordance with age related and individual needs, physician's
orders, hospital policy, standards of care and nursing practice.
Responsible for the assessment of patient needs, planning nursing
care based on those needs, and ensuring that the plan of care is
implemented, documented and evaluated according to the nursing
process. Demonstrates skill sets and competencies that are needed
to accept a regular patient care assignment in a minimum of two
areas within the Women's & Children's Center, including neonatal
intensive care, pediatrics, labor and delivery, or post-partum. As
needed by the hospital the expectations of additional areas of
assignment will be considered. Supervises care given by supportive
staff including techs and CNA's.
Performed majority of the time -- please start with the
responsibilities that are the most time consuming:
- Administers and documents medications/IV's fluids safely and
accurately following hospital policy.
- Provide developmental care.
- Derives nursing goals from assessment data to identify expected
- Collaborates with patient, partner and health care team to
develop individualized goals and plan of care.
- Provide concise, pertinent report to health care team,
physicians, and clinical managers.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Participates in nursing in-services, conferences, designated
meetings and continuing education programs.
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited
to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
- Impact limited to the employee.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing. Current RN employees
as of 1/27/2020 will be grandfathered back to the previous
education requirement at their time of original hire.
- For Labor and Delivery openings in the Women's and Children's
Center to ensure appropriate skill mix, two (2) years of Labor and
Delivery, Post-Partum, or high risk antepartum experience required
within the last 3 years.
- Two or more (2+) years prior inpatient experience as an
- Current peripheral IV start skills.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
For all areas:
- Current Registered Nurse License in the state of Oregon.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
- NRP preferred upon hire, required within six (6) months after
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certification preferred upon hire, required within
six (6) months after hire.
Labor & Delivery:
- AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Intermediate, C-EFM, or documentation
of equivalent CNE's within six (6) months of hire and to be tracked
by the department.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Demonstrates proper appearance and personal conduct.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration
body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with
customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of critical assessment skills.
- Able to develop skills in use of hospital computer
- Functions well as a team member within the Women & Children's
- Utilizes critical thinking as a problem solving process in
making decisions related to patient care and unit activity.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the assigned areas
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation to direct delivery of patient
- Appropriately documents all assessments and data collection in
an ongoing, timely, accurate, concise and systematic manner
utilizing hospital and departmental charting format.
- Performs efficiently in Emergency patient situations following
- Demonstrates appropriate use of EMTALA for patient
- Bilingual skills highly preferred.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Keywords: Tuality Healthcare, Hillsboro , RN (Women's & Children's Center) - 60005 - L&D | Part Time Nights, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!