Applications Engineer IV
Company: Umpqua Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Applications Engineer for Enterprise Software Automation
interacts with team and customers to ensure critical vendor
applications meet organizational and customer needs. This includes
application support to deploy and maintain applications as well as
providing continued technical support of business/payments
- Participate in management, prioritization, problem management,
and stability analysis activities.
- Perform as support leader.
- Implement business applications based on technical requirements
supplied by the vendor (or development organization) to meet the
business needs for system resiliency and availability following
release and deploy standards.
- Perform level two and three support and troubleshooting when
needed, including participating in on-call rotation for critical
systems support after-hours.
- Coordinate with vendors and other internal technical teams when
elevated support is needed.
- Develop, test, and implement batch system integrations using
- Develop and maintain documentation on solution designs/system
- Issue resolutions, and routine and special procedures.
- Responsible for updating tickets in service management system
and tracking time required for IT services management.
- Responsible for collaborating with Umpqua technical teams to
resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned
job function and applies to designated job responsibilities --
knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.
Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance
regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and
- Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security
and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach
coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate
culture in all actions and words.
- Associate, vocational, or technical degree related to
information technology required or related field equivalent
- Bachelor's degree related to information technology
- Microsoft Technology Associate, Microsoft Solutions Associate,
or Microsoft Solutions, Expert certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in applications engineering.
- Experience configuring hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Active Directory authentication.
- Knowledgeable in t-SQL, PowerShell, and/or other scripting
- Knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, Protocols, Ports)
- Knowledge of FTP server for Secure file transfer
- Knowledge of encryption technology.
- Proficient with testing tools and procedures for data
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment -- no specific or unusual physical or
- Occasional travel.
No relocation is offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail
stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40
hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with
the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no
finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center
of everything we do. We focus on building relationships,
understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new
and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of
providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however
they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Umpqua Bank, Hillsboro , Applications Engineer IV, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!