The Operation Support Specialist II primarily supports the
scheduling skill set for diagnostic imaging. Assists in all aspects
of scheduling by answering phones, coordinating appointments, and
daily schedules with proper departments, technologists, nursing,
and radiologists daily. Processes and manages orders, conveys
proper preparation instructions, and directs patients for
appointments. Participates with all support operations activities
(scheduling, image library, and patient transport) with day to day
workflows for diagnostic imaging departments.
Performed majority of the time:
- Process orders for DI exams, coordinates, and schedules patient
- Follows correct scheduling procedures i.e. prep instructions,
check in times, processes for procedures, and correct building for
- Provides direction and assistance for patient appointments in
Diagnostic Imaging for both patients and providers.
- Communicates with radiologists, technologists, and departments
to improve exam efficiency and patient experience.
- Checks two (2) patient identifiers, loads information into the
EMR system to activate orders for exams.
- Process request and paper filing through system as well as
checks faxes, distributes mail to proper areas, updates patient
information and processes daily pulls for schedules.
- Processes requests and orders through RightFax and schedule
- Answers phone according to departmental and organizational
standards and responds to requests with prompt follow-up.
- Coordinates patient transport to multiple modalities by
continual observation of work lists and patient orders.
- Keeps filing areas and drawers neat and organized for all
users. Maintains all transport equipment, stocks exam rooms as
- Assist in the processes of maintaining archives within the
hospital as well as its off-site storage and outside
- Assists in patient records processes including ID verification
- Process all requests including patient imaging media and orders
according to policy/procedure.
- Facilitates customer service by routing jackets, inserts, and
reports to appropriate departments, outside facilities and doctors'
- Process CD's and VPN pushes in a timely manner.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Assist patient as needed with transport or intervenes when
transport is necessary, monitors high risk patients prior to and
during exams as needed.
- Looks for ways to improve customer service with patients as
well as doctors' offices.
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited
to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
- Impact limited to the employee.
- No budget responsibility.
- High school or equivalent experience.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Previous hospital experience, i.e. Medical Terminology.
- Patient registration experience.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- BLS required within 90 days.
- Lifting mechanics training within 30 days.
- Simplicity training within 90 days.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to alphabetize and accurately file.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to effectively
- Effective communication skills.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team
- Ability to deal with several phone lines and patients at
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Bilingual skills
- Computer experience with Microsoft Outlook, electronic health
record (EHR) system, and PACS
- Knowledge and demonstrations of HIPAA guidelines preferred and
practices patient confidentiality.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.