Company: LAIKA, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the
implementation of Safety Programs to maintain a safe workplace.
This position will include support of safety and environmental
programs including Hazard Communication, SPCC, Hazardous Waste, and
- Assist in developing, monitoring, and continuous improvement of
Safety Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Track, document, and organize information related to safety
meetings, trainings, environmental reports and other program
- Collect and organize data for safety reports.
- Assist in management of hazardous waste storage, documentation,
tracking, and inspections.
- Assist in implementing requirements of SPCC Plan including
inspections and corrective actions.
- Assist with hazard recognition and analysis.
- Perform facility inspections to ensure compliance with safety
policies and regulations.
- Assist with new hire orientation, safety tours and onsite
- 3+ years' experience in production/manufacturing environment of
which one or more years is directly related to
- Basic Knowledge of OSHA regulations, First Aid, CPR, and
Construction/Manufacturing safe practices.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physical Demands and Work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate
standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance;
stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee
must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to
variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or
moderate. In certain assignments, an employee may occasionally work
near moving equipment and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals,
airborne fumes and loud, prolonged noise (hearing protection
required when using power tools).
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission
Keywords: LAIKA, Inc., Hillsboro , Safety Coordinator, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!