Operations Engineer II
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title : Operations Engineer II
Requisition ID: 155139BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of
a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and
discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment
in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
US-Hillsboro OR 5350 NE Dawson Creek Drive / Operations
How will you make an impact?
The Operations Engineer is a member of the Operations
Engineering team at Thermo Fisher Scientific in Hillsboro, Oregon.
Our factory produces low-volume, high complexity electron
microscopy products for semiconductor designers and manufacturers
to use in the creation and improvement of their products and
manufacturing processes. The team is responsible for smooth
introduction of new electron microscopy products into the factory
and field as well as the ongoing improvement of products and the
processes used to manufacture and service them.
What will you do?
- Works on New Product Introduction (NPI) projects as they
transition from initiation through release according to Product
Management Process (PMP) and sustaining projects for design and
- Creates manufacturing process for new products and preventative
maintenance plan for product support in the field. May design
tooling required for manufacturing and service to meet cycle time
and tool availability requirements.
- Creates and delivers initial training to Manufacturing,
Technical Support and Service personnel in new product build, test,
install and repair procedures. Also, gives input for ongoing
training for factory and field service engineers.
How will you get here?
Education & Experience:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems
Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a combination of technical
education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- Experience creating technical documentation, procedures, and
- Experience in analysis of data and basic experimental methods,
test protocols, and procedures
- Demonstrated experience participating and leading in technical
projects and management of cross-functional projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Planning, organizing, prioritizing, and goal setting
- Systematic problem solving
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Hillsboro , Operations Engineer II, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!