Registered Nurse - Nestucca Valley School District
Company: Northwest Regional School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Title: District Registered Nurse
Location: Nestucca Valley School District
Reports To: Special Programs Administrator
FLSA Status: Exempt
The District Nurse provides, coordinates, and directs nursing
care and services on behalf of the district. The District Nurse
coordinates and delivers a school health program including the
delivery of services to students and staff members in order to
enhance health and wellness in the school community. Duties are
performed in accordance with standards of professional school nurse
practice, district/state board of education policies and procedures
and state law regarding nurse practice.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Certificates as determined by the District and official status
as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Ability to make decisions independently and to use initiative
and judgment in accomplishing tasks following overall policies and
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human
- General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use database
software, e-mail, internet software, spreadsheets and word
- State issued valid driver's license
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs some or all of the following
tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Formulates and implements health care plans for students,
collaborating with families and medical professionals.
- Conducts student health assessments.
- Reviews health conditions in classrooms as needed, assesses
care needs, and modifies health protocols or education plans.
- Consults with physicians and parents to obtain necessary
information and convey findings.
- Delegates health-related procedures to staff. Supplies
appropriate training and supervision in accordance with state
- Communicates with parents and staff regarding health
- Performs direct nursing as needed (e.g., medication, tube
feeding, seizure management).
- Assists in collecting and tracking immunization records and
meet state reporting guidelines.
- Participates in IEP and 504 processes for students with health
- Travels to multiple classroom sites. Make home visits as
- Provides consultation in educational settings regarding school
- Maintain accurate, complete and confidential records as
required by law and District policy and regulations
- Annually pass the District's required online training by the
District's assigned due date.
- Follow District protocol for reporting absences.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be according to the current negotiated
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of Board policy.
- Establish and maintain a positive and respectful working
relationship with students, staff, administration,
parents/guardians and community members.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and
customers at all organizational levels (listening to others without
interrupting, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to
others' ideas and focusing on solving conflicts).
- Maintain the integrity of confidential information relating to
a student, family, colleague or NVSD patron, and use or relay
confidential information only in the course of performing assigned
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and
- Follow all laws, District policies, rules, regulations, memos,
announcements and reasonable requests by proper authority
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent or prolonged standing, walking and sitting.
- Crouching to work with younger students.
- Possible moderate to high noise level.
- Frequent and prolonged talking/listening in
- Requires accurate perceiving of sound, near and far vision,
- Requires handling and working with a variety of materials and
- Work may occasionally involve lifting/carrying objects weighing
- Work may require lifting or assisting in lifting a student or
physically restraining a student from harming self or others.
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids due to student injury or
- Possible exposure to bodily harm due to student behaviors.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive
list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts,
functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job
description is not a contract of employment or a promise or
guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The
school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job
(or the position itself) at any time, as it deems advisable.
Nestucca Valley School District recognizes the diversity and
worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NVSD that
there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or
groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital
status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in
any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview
process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with
disabilities may contact the Human Resources Officer at
503-392-3194 x403 for additional information or assistance.
Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for
assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at
Keywords: Northwest Regional School District, Hillsboro , Registered Nurse - Nestucca Valley School District, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!