The Staff Radiation Therapist is responsible for accurate
delivery and documentation of daily radiation therapy treatments.
Schedule patients' courses of treatment. Collaborate with Medical
Dosimetrist and Radiation Oncologist during CT simulation to
achieve optimal treatment plans. Responsible for providing various
other radiation therapy procedures.
Performed majority of the time:
- Performs general radiation therapy procedures.
- Operates all departmental radiation therapy equipment relative
to job assignment.
- Performs daily quality assurance testing of linear accelerator
and CT simulator.
- Train, mentor, and evaluate Radiation Therapist students.
- Work closely with contracted physicist to ensure appropriate
- Reviews each patient's treatment record weekly and at the end
- Follows procedure and technique manuals to meet standards set
forth by the Radiation Oncologist.
- Performs CT-guided simulations.
- Provides care appropriate to the age of patients served
adolescent, adult and geriatric patients based on principles of
growth and development and life stages.
- Builds on basic learning and carries it from one situation to
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and
- Takes responsibility to eliminate the source of problems.
- Demonstrates confidentiality regarding patient and coworker
personal health information.
- Demonstrates proper radiation safety and protection to patients
- Follows proper procedure for blood and body fluid
- Recognizes radiographic image quality standards set by
- Identifies and implements quality assurance projects in support
of our mission statement.
- Demonstrates initiative and actively participates in ancillary
- Maintains proper appearance and personal conduct for the
employee's particular job.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration
body language, filers, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with
customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Asks questions and seeks assistance.
- Attends weekly chart rounds as needed.
- Identifies patients' potential psychosocial barriers that may
negatively impact treatment outcomes, and advocates on their
- Performs other related radiation therapy duties as
Decision making and budget responsibilities:
- Impact limited to the employee.
- No budget responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science in radiation therapy.
- Undergraduate degree in healthcare field.
- Minimum one year of experience as a Radiation Therapist.
- Minimum three years of experience as a Radiation
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Registered with American Registry of Radiological Technologists
in radiation therapy.
- Radiation therapy license through Oregon Board of Medical
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Communicate previous job experience and knowledge of linear
accelerators and record and verify systems.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of image registration,
treatment modalities, and expected and potential treatment side
effects appropriate to each disease site.
- Strong interpersonal communication and patient relation
- Presents a professional image.
- Experience participating in data-driven quality and process
- Bilingual skills a plus.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.