Company: Tuality Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Registered Nurse for ICU/CCU ensures the delivery of quality
nursing care for critically ill patients in accordance with
age-related and individual needs, physician's orders, hospital
policy, standards of care and nursing practice. Responsible for
assessing the needs of patients, planning nursing care to meet
those needs, and ensuring that the plan of care is carried out and
documented according to the principles defined in the nursing
process. Participates in the development of critical care unit
Performed majority of the time -- please start with the
responsibilities that are the most time consuming:
- Participates in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
using effective communication and conflict management skills.
- Uses a systematic process of assessment, planning, intervention
and evaluation in delivery of care by collaborating with the
patient, family and interdisciplinary team through care plans.
- Adapts care to accommodate unexpected changes in patient
status. Communicates patient needs and changes in condition to
physician, team members and/or family as necessary.
- Monitors, manages, and troubleshoots invasive and non-invasive
devices used in the care of patients.
- Analyzes and interprets patient diagnostic values and
procedural results, and implements interventions appropriately
based on those results with consideration of patient baseline and
- Identifies and responds to emergency situations.
- Provides compassionate care for patients during challenging
periods or transitions in life or lifecycles with respect and
- Adapts the healthcare environment, monitors and intervenes for
patients at increased risk for injury or harm to self or
- Evaluates and treats patient discomfort, anxiety, and acute,
chronic, and/or breakthrough pain through pain reduction management
- Prevents and controls the transmission and spread of
- Performs and documents patient assessments and intervention in
a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Upholds medication safety principles including the review of
patient allergies and
- Tailors education to include preferred language, learning
style, developmental and cognitive ability to best inform the
patient/family of information, training, guidance and
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Required to attend and/or read minutes of all department staff
- Participates in continuing education programs.
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited
to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
- Uses cost-effective measures in the delivery of patient
- Impact is limited to the employee.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing. Current RN employees
as of 1/27/2020 will be grandfathered back to the previous
education requirement at their time of original hire.
- Minimum one (1) year of ICU experience. (this requirement does
not apply to incumbents hired prior to 12/03/2020)
- Experience with hemodynamic monitoring, Critical Care IV
medications, ECG rhythm recognition , ventilated patient
management, and IV start skills.
- Intra-aortic balloon pump experience.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) experience.
- Post-operative neurosurgical care with Extra ventricular Drain
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Current licensure as registered nurse by the Oregon State Board
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
- ACLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS certification prior to hire
- Certification in Critical Care Nursing
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Proficient with Intensive Care nursing skills such as
monitoring cardiac telemetry, pressure waveforms and values,
hemodynamic status, and response to medications; management of
invasive and non-invasive devices such as vascular access devices
and pumps, urinary catheters, naso/orogastric tubes, artificial
airways, ventilation devices.
- Prioritizes patient care based on essential patient needs and
knowledge of intensive care nursing practice and collaborates with
the patient, family, and interdisciplinary team to assess, plan,
and prioritize patient care based on age, cultural, spiritual, and
- Respects and advocates for patient's rights.
- Ability to provide psycho-social support to patients and
families including end of life care, transitions in life, and
reduction of discomfort and anxiety with methods such as reduction
of environmental distractions and noise, breathing techniques,
family support, etc.
- Effectively utilizes standardized communication tools such as
SBAR and bedside reporting.
- Ability to adapt environments and equipment for safety: fall
precautions, bed and chair alarms, skin breakdown/pressure reducing
devices, restraints for violent or nonviolent behavioral
- Ability to recognize patient's learning abilities and style to
effectively inform patient of procedures, consents, and to promote
self-care. Utilizes appropriate resources to ensure adequate
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Keywords: Tuality Healthcare, Hillsboro , RN (ICU)-60005, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!