Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Company: Atlas Copco
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Work with mechanical engineers and internal customers to
develop electronic controls and power systems for integrated vacuum
- Advise on technical aspects of junior engineer's design
- Cross-check peers' completed design projects for technical
accuracy and adherence to relevant standards.
- Design electrical systems for assigned projects including
developing the appropriate AutoCAD drawings.
- Develop a structure of materials and routing data into SAP
inventory planning system.
- Work with field service personnel to assist with the
application, analysis, planning and potential debug of assigned
- Ensure that the electronic systems meet all applicable
government, industry, and customer requirements.
- Advise production, purchasing, and planning teams of design
details that would impact project plans.
- Contribute to project management efforts in design projects
requiring multiple electrical designers.
What We Expect
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years
- Experience working with AutoCAD. (AutoCAD Electrical a
- Experience working in Autodesk Inventor is a plus, but not
- Experience with engineered-to-order designs and platform
- Familiar with National Electric Code, NFPA79 and UL508A.
(International standards a plus)
- Experience with industrial controls design.
- Ability to produce a design package containing an electrical
schematic, subpanel arrangement, cable harnesses and enclosure
- Ability to read and understand piping and instrumentation
diagrams is desired.
- Familiarity with mechanical sheet metal concepts (welding,
forming, fastening) is a plus.
- Familiarity with semiconductor processes and tooling is a
- Experience with motors, drives and PLCs is desired.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office.
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always
looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great
ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand
ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive
your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many
opportunities to grow. This is where it begins Join us at the Home
of Industrial Ideas.
Keywords: Atlas Copco, Hillsboro , Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Other , hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!