Provider will cover shifts at both South Hillsboro and Forest
Grove Immediate Care locations.
The Nurse Practitioner will perform medical services to the
Immediate Care clinic patients in accordance with individual needs
and the standards of care as represented by the centers patient
care policies. Services will be reviewed and approved by the
Medical Director through periodic chart review.
Performed majority of the time
- Performs and documents patient assessments and intervention in
a timely, accurate, and concise manner, utilizing departmental
charting formats including electronic medical records systems.
- Administers medications via all routes safely and accurately
according to procedure.
- Assists physician with emergency treatments, following
departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides professional service to patient in the Urgent Care
- Delegates and coordinates tasks and duties of the healthcare
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Adapts care to accommodate unexpected changes in patient
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited
to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
- Impact limited to the employee.
- Masters of Science in Nursing; and
- Completion of a recognized Nurse Practitioner program.
- A copy of your highest academic diploma or transcript required
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years' experience as a Nurse
- Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Licensed to practice medicine as a Family Nurse Practitioner by
the State of Oregon/Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required
- Fulfills requirements of hospital medical staff credentialing
- Maintains active staff membership in good standing with the
medical staff of the hospital with all privileges and
responsibilities accorded such membership.
- Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Skilled at some minor trauma procedures.
- Demonstrates proper appearance and personal conduct for the
employee's particular job.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration
body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions,
with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to work effectively under busy, stressful
- Uses emergency equipment properly based on departmental
procedures and/or manufacturer's recommendations incorporating
principles of safety.
- Promotes accident prevention and reports potential safety
- Uses protective equipment properly and takes appropriate
precautions to assure personal safety.
- Follows policies for disposal of hazardous waste and
- Renders all services promptly and diligently in accordance with
professional and ethical standards of the medical community in
which the nurse practitioner practices.
- Fulfills responsibility by adhering to the mission, vision, and
general Hospital and Nurse practitioner practice policies.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.