Special Programs Secretary
Company: Northwest Regional School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Title: Special Programs Secretary
Location: Nestucca Valley School District
Reports To: Special Programs Administrator
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
FTE: 0.75 FTE
Salary Schedule: Classified Salary Schedule
Row: Office Manager
This position is responsible for maintaining all special
education files and associated paperwork for special education and
Section 504 in the school setting. Handles daily work pressures,
requiring constant concentration to a volume of work which must be
completed within a limited period of time.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Experience working in special education and 504 plan
- Proficient in utilizing special education software.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human
- Competent knowledge of computer usage and ability to use
database software, e-mail, internet software, spreadsheets and word
- State issued valid driver's license
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs some or all of the following
tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains all special education and Section 504 program records
in compliance with state and federal guidelines and district
- Assist Special Programs Administrator with all state and
- Prepares, copies, and distributes all necessary paperwork to
facilitate IEP and 504 plan meetings.
- Serves as resource to teachers and staff serving special
education and Section 504 population providing student grades,
schedules and contact information.
- Locates and determines student background information (prior
schools, previous IEP's, history, etc.) for staff.
- Maintains accurate and complete caseload files, tracks
deadlines for IEPs and 504 plans and notifies staff in advance of
- Serves as a resource to other staff in using special education
technology programs for IEP's etc.
- Contacts parents/guardians to schedule conferences and programs
as required including creating schedule, contacting all invited
parties, preparing confirmation and distributing materials to all
parties (teachers, specialists, parents, etc.).
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Provides data and information to district office as
- Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and
- Attend in-services and training as required.
- Follow District protocol for reporting absences.
- Annually pass the District's required online training by the
District's assigned due date.
- Perform physical requirements unaided or with the assistance of
- Participate in monthly NVSD Office Staff meetings to align
practices across all facilities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be according to the current negotiated
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of Board policy.
- Establish and maintain a positive and respectful working
relationship with students, staff, administration,
parents/guardians and community members.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and
customers at all organizational levels (listening to others without
interrupting, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to
others' ideas and focusing on solving conflicts).
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
of information about participants, families and staff.
- Maintain dependable and consistent attendance and
- Follow all laws, District policies, rules, regulations, memos,
announcements and reasonable requests by proper authority
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent or prolonged standing, walking and sitting.
- Possible moderate noise level.
- Frequent and prolonged talking/listening in
- Requires handling and working with a variety of materials and
- Work may occasionally involve lifting/carrying objects weighing
up to 50 pounds.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive
list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts,
functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job
description is not a contract of employment or a promise or
guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The
school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job
(or the position itself) at any time, as it deems advisable.
Nestucca Valley School District recognizes the diversity and
worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NVSD that
there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or
groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital
status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in
any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview
process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with
disabilities may contact the Human Resources Officer at
503-392-3194 x403 for additional information or assistance.
Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for
assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at
Keywords: Northwest Regional School District, Hillsboro , Special Programs Secretary, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!