RN (Cath Lab)-60005
Company: Tuality Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Registered Nurse for Cath Lab ensures the delivery of
quality nursing care for cardiovascular patients undergoing a wide
variety of angiographic procedures. This is done in accordance with
age-related, individual needs, physician's orders, hospital policy,
and standards of care and nursing practice. Assess the needs of
patients, plans nursing care to meet those needs, and ensures that
the plan of care is carried out and documented according to the
principles defined in the nursing process. Shares with the rotation
of prep and recovery of patients in and among Perioperative
departments. Participates and shares with call rotation, while
adhering to variable shift scheduling.
Performed majority of the time
- Administers medications/IV fluids as ordered by the physician
and following OHSU Hillsboro Medical Center policy and
- Takes after hours call according to department policy.
- Maintains and handles sterile equipment under surgical
- Administer medications as ordered by physician, including those
that may lead to moderate sedation following moderate sedation
policy and monitoring procedures.
- Monitors patient during a wide variety of invasive angiographic
procedures including but not limited to heart catheterizations,
digital vascular imaging, coronary angioplasty, peripheral and
renal angioplasties, pacemakers, neurovascular arteriograms, and
various interventional radiology procedures.
- Operates, controls quality and routinely maintains physiologic
monitoring system, pressure transducers, co-oximeter,
thermodilution, defibrillator, IABP and emergency equipment on a
- Performs calculations and measurements using data obtained from
heart catheterizations. This includes cardiac outputs, pressure
measurements, and resistance and valve areas.
- Learns and performs scrub roll to assist physician during
intra-vascular and pacemaker procedures.
- Assess patients according to organization's standards prior to
invasive procedures with or without sedation.
- Maintains adequate levels of stock in the Cath. Lab, reports
any variances to manager.
- Utilizes Intra-vascular ultrasound under the direction of the
- Assists with Intra-aortic balloon pump insertion and
- Assists with temporary pacemaker insertion, setup, and
- Retrieve and locate present and prior studies done in the Cath
- Monitors patient for intended effects and side effects of
- Provides care to adult and geriatric patients based on
principles of growth and development and life stages.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Develops and seeks continuous improvement in communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve/collaborate in a team
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited
to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
- Impact limited to the employee and wellbeing of the
- No budget responsibility.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing. Current RN employees
as of 1/27/2020 will be grandfathered back to the previous
education requirement at their time of original hire.
- Experience with hemodynamic monitoring, EKG interpretation, IV
start skills, intra-aortic balloon pump, defibrillator,
trans-cutaneous and temporary pacing.
- Minimum one (1) year of Cardiac Catherization Lab or
Interventional Radiology experience or Minimum 2 years Intensive
Care Unit experience (this requirement does not apply to incumbents
hired prior to 12/07/2020)
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Current licensure as registered nurse by the Oregon State Board
- American Heart Association BLS.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Demonstrates skill in the nursing care of adult and geriatric
- Recognizes abnormal clinical findings and addresses them
- Demonstrates knowledge of critical assessment skills.
- Ability to learn. Perform, and maintain competence in moderate
- Ability and willingness to learn, perform, and maintain
intra-procedure scrub skills for all cardiac, peripheral, and
interventional radiology procedures, along with operation of
various equipment specifically utilized in the cath lab.
- Excellent customer service skills with both internal and
- Uses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Practices effective interpersonal skills.
- Functions well as part of a team.
- Demonstrates professional appearance and behaviors.
- Utilizes equipment in the lab safely and effectively for
delivering patient care and accumulating data for completion of
- Uses safe body mechanics for moving stretchers, positioning
patients and other tasks performed.
- Follows procedures for use of personal protective equipment,
infection control, and disposal of hazardous waste and sharps.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, visitors, and self;
reports potential safety hazards.
- Complies with all HIPAA guidelines pertaining to patient
- Complies with Radiation Safety policy on Dosimetry badge
- Uses the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention
and evaluation in delivery of care to patients.
- Identifies patient learning needs and implements appropriate
measures to meet those needs.
- Communication shows respect for coworkers differences while
effectively accomplishing tasks.
- Communicates effectively with customers of diverse ethnic &
- All nursing practice, regardless of specialty, role, or
setting, is fundamentally independent practice.
- Registered nurses are accountable for nursing judgments made
and actions taken in the course of their nursing practice.
Therefore, the registered nurse is responsible for assessing
individual competence and is committed to the process of lifelong
- Registered nurses develop and maintain current knowledge and
skills through formal and continuing education and seek
certification when it is available in their areas of practice.
- Nurses must be as proficient in communication skills as they
are in clinical skills.
- Competent care is provided and accomplished through both
independent practice and partnerships.
- Collaboration may be with other colleagues or with the
individuals seeking support or clinical skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all clients, physicians,
co-workers, and hospital matters.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Keywords: Tuality Healthcare, Hillsboro , RN (Cath Lab)-60005, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!