Customer Care Colleague - Hillsboro, OR
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Customer Care Colleague - Remote
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a member of our Customer Care team, you'll have the
opportunity to support and solve our customers' inquiries that
ultimately contribute to the success of our business. Our Customer
Care Colleagues provide exceptional customer service in a
fast-paced environment with internal and external contacts via
inbound and outbound phone calls, email and live chat.
- Please note: this is a Remote Work opportunity with occasional
need to be in our Hillsboro, OR site; candidates who qualify for
consideration will be willing and able to travel to our Hillsboro
Our center hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern
Standard Time. This is a full-time opportunity working 40 hours a
week with the possibility of occasional voluntary overtime.
What will you do?
- Support our internal and external customers by processing
orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery,
billing questions as well as returns and cancellations
- Resolve customer complaints and escalate issues as appropriate
with the goal of first call resolution
- Answer product or service inquiries, troubleshoot and support
our customers in facilitating communication for technical
assistance as required
- Partner with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific
and with our suppliers to find solutions for both internal and
- Follow established performance metrics including but not
limited to quality standards, after call work (ACW), adherence
(ADH) and follow-up on all actions in accordance with departmental
- Assist in working to increase revenue by offering substitutes
and / or alternative products where applicable
How will you get there?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer service role,
customer care center experience a plus
- Experience working in an office environment also a plus
Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Ability to pass a keyboard assessment with a score of 6,000+
KPH with 90% accuracy
- Proficient in the basic use of PCs including Microsoft Office,
Internet Explorer and strong typing skills
- Highly developed sense of urgency and commitment to customer
- Ability to problem solve customer issues via telephone and
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Organizational skills, time management skills and ability to
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Hillsboro , Customer Care Colleague - Hillsboro, OR, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!