K-8 Office Manager
Company: Northwest Regional School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Title: K-8 Office Manager
Location: Nestucca K-8
Reports To: Building Administrator
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
FTE & Salary: 1.0 FTE
Salary Schedule: Classified Salary Schedule
Row: Office Manager
Contract Days: 210
The K-8 Office Manager performs a variety of secretarial,
bookkeeping and administrative duties, which require a broad
knowledge of both secretarial and clerical practices and
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Secretarial experience, including office management,
administration and record keeping.
- Knowledge of general operation of a school district and the
administrative assistant duties.
- Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with
students, staff, parents, community members, contractors,
consultants and trades people, while demonstrating sensitivity to
cultural, ethnic, gender and religious diversity.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, diplomacy, and independent
- Ability to provide leadership, training and supervision to
- Keyboard and Word processing with speed and accuracy.
- General accounting skills
- Knowledge of first-aid procedures; ability to learn proper
methods of dispensing medications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to accomplish multiple complex assignments under short
timelines and with multiple interruptions
- Ability to remain calm and supportive when dealing with
difficult people or emergencies
- Ability to manage school finances according to accepted
accounting principles and district guidelines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, prioritizing
tasks to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to
- Ability to quickly learn frequently used software and online
programs used in the performance of job responsibilities, such as
student records, personnel records, accounting, and purchasing
- Likes kids
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs some or all of the following
tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Composes, edits and prepares technical and complex documents,
correspondence, special reports and material of a confidential
- Contributes to student behavior management including monitoring
and mentoring students
- Coordinates and manages office workload and procedures
- Cultivates and models a respectful working and learning
- Supports the principal with administrative and confidential
- Maintains Emergency Response Team assignments and emergency
bag; updates emergency protocols and distributes them to staff;
schedules and coordinates emergency drills as required by district
and state law in cooperation with the principal
- Dispenses medication to students; monitors and manages students
with high risk health conditions according to Health Management
Protocols; assists students in need of care in the health room
- Acts as initial responder to building level First Aid
emergencies and coordinates with other staff to ensure proper steps
are taken to ensure the health and safety of the sick of injured
party; including administering first aid, calls to 911,
coordinating with emergency responders, and/or providing
medications as appropriate
- Process all purchase orders for teachers, staff and
- Responsible for creating, assigning, and collecting student
body fees and all aspects of K-8 Student Body Funds according to
- Serves as primary contact and liaison between the Principal and
students, teachers, parents, staff, district, and community.
Manages the building Administrator's calendar, phone, mail, and
email account, independently scheduling appointments and responding
to communication as appropriate, on behalf of the
- Manages internal and external communications with staff and
public, maintains and updates the school website, including
schedules, calendar of events and activities, Site Council
information and minutes.
- Provides support in planning, coordinating and executing
school-wide events such as Back-to-School Night, student
registration & open house, conferences, concerts, staff
appreciation, and provides supplies, catering, as needed for
- Coordinates substitute, assisting staff with input, finding
subs, coordinating coverage as needed when no subs are available,
reviewing absence reasons
- Successfully uses software and online programs to monitor and
maintain essential records regarding students, personnel,
accounting, work orders and other areas as required
- Processes purchase orders, purchasing card transactions and
statements, expense reimbursements, travel requests and other
related requisitions ensuring proper approvals, coding and records;
purchase office supplies and equipment for the
- Serves as the registrar at the elementary level - responsible
for student enrollment and set up of the classrooms and teachers in
Synergy. Includes enrollment tracking as well. Includes
coordination of registration information to families prior to start
of new school year
- Participate in monthly NVSD Office Staff meetings to align
practices across all facilities
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be according to the current negotiated
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of Board policy.
- Establish and maintain a positive and respectful working
relationship with students, staff, administration,
parents/guardians and community members.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and
customers at all organizational levels (listening to others without
interrupting, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to
others' ideas and focusing on solving conflicts).
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
of information about participants, families and staff.
- Maintain dependable and consistent attendance and
- Follow all laws, District policies, rules, regulations, memos,
announcements and reasonable requests by proper authority
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use
hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb
up and down step stool, bend under the desks, twist from the waist,
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Possible moderate to high noise level.
- Frequent and prolonged talking/listening in
- Requires accurate perceiving of sound, near and far vision,
- Requires handling and working with a variety of materials and
- Work may occasionally involve lifting/carrying objects weighing
up to 30 pounds.
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids due to student injury or
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive
list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts,
functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job
description is not a contract of employment or a promise or
guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The
school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job
(or the position itself) at any time, as it deems advisable.
Nestucca Valley School District recognizes the diversity and
worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NVSD that
there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or
groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital
status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in
any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview
process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with
disabilities may contact the Human Resources Officer at
503-392-3194 x403 for additional information or assistance.
Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for
assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at
Keywords: Northwest Regional School District, Hillsboro , K-8 Office Manager, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!