Company: Skanska USA Building Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Project Engineer assists and supports Project Manager and
Superintendent on assigned projects. The position works under
direct supervision, performs routine daily activities and gathers
and distributes information. The Project Engineer must be a
flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong
communication and client service skills.
What You'll Do:
- Setup initial contracts and project information in PMIS;
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals;
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs;
- Assist in management of project permit process;
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement;
- Update construction schedule based on project team input, Trade
Contractor progress and materials delivery;
- Change management systems, including soliciting, receiving,
reviewing, and preparing quotations and change orders;
- Track and inspect material deliveries.
We're Looking For:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Prolog;
- Knowledge of Suretrak or Primavera;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic math/accounting skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Good time management skills and organizational skills;
- Ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree - Construction Management, Engineering or
- Entry-level to 3 years of industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of
people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated
people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless
opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination,
harassment or retaliation. All aspects of employment including the
decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge is based on job
requirement, individual qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Skanska does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), age, disability (includes physical or mental),
citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, marital status, civil union or domestic partnership
status, military or veteran status, family medical history or
genetic information, family or parental status, or any other
protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska is one of the world's leading construction and
development companies. Skanska's core operations in the U.S.
include building construction, civil infrastructure and developing
self-financed commercial properties. In 2020, construction in the
U.S. generated $6.5 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the
U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.8 billion in commercial
and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City,
Skanska has 29 offices with 7,600 employees nationwide. An
industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution,
Skanska offers competitive solutions for traditional and complex
assignments that build a more sustainable future for our customers
and communities. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB,
headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock
Exchange, totaled approximately $17.2 billion in 2020.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018
- Location: Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
- Additional Locations: United States
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
Keywords: Skanska USA Building Inc, Hillsboro , Project Engineer, Other , Hillsboro, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!