The Infusion RN provides and supervises nursing care of patients
as directed by the ordering physician. Is accountable for direct
and indirect quality patient care. Coordinates nursing care with
the nursing team to deliver optimal compassionate nursing care.
Provides nursing care for patients undergoing treatment for cancer.
Models professional development as an integral part of nursing
practice and acts as a liaison with other health care
professionals. Applies knowledge drawn from broad, in-depth
education in social and physical sciences when assessing, planning,
ordering, giving, delegating, teaching, and supervising nursing
care which promotes the patient's optimum health and independence.
Must be competent to analyze patient data with an understanding of
the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and
chronological maturation process. Performs all duties in a manner
that reflects and supports the team concept.
Performed majority of the time:
- Administers and documents medications/IV's fluids safely and
accurately following hospital policy.
- Manages drug inventories and nursing supplies in the treatment
- Ensures prior authorization has been obtained by the ordering
physician for all visits, procedures, imaging studies, specialist
referrals and specialty drugs.
- Ensures patients have follow up appointments.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions as related to nursing
goals and expected outcomes.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of
- Responds to emergency situations and contact emergency services
as directed by physician
Decision making and budget responsibilities:
- Impact limited to the employee.
- No budget responsibility.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 CM coding systems.
- Must be comfortable administering chemotherapy
- Two (2) years' experience in acute care setting with an
emphasis in oncology and chemotherapy administration.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
- Current RN licensure for Oregon.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy provider card within 1 year of
- Oncology Nurse Certification.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Demonstrates strong physical and psycho-social assessment
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and communication
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to
- Presents a professional image.
- Demonstrates grammar and spelling abilities in written
- Demonstrates the ability to type accurately at the rate of 40
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the infusion / oncology patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation to direct delivery of patient
- Appropriately documents all assessments and data collection in
an ongoing, timely, accurate, concise and systematic manner
utilizing hospital and departmental charting format.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient situations following
- Must be task oriented, as position requires attention to
- Proficiently operates a personal computer.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality
Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It's a part
of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named
Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro
home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to
treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth.
A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of
Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health
care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we've changed our
name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our
expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living
in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to
primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment
opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and
compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship,
veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application
of this policy in our daily business conduct.